PDA

View Full Version : Hello and please take a look...

ladylampwork
05-18-2004, 12:34 AM
I am new to WC and was glad to see a digital art forum. I have been working with photoshop for a few years and I am finally happy with my art. I start with a black background and apply color from their. Once I have some color then I start having fun. I use the smudge tool, filters in many combinations and the airbrush. I would love to hear back from anyone with any good or bad comments.

thanks in advance,
ladylampwork :)

bloodjelly
05-18-2004, 12:57 AM
Welcome to the site, ladylamp. The last one is hard to distinguish from a photograph of glass - really nice shading and realism on that one. The first has an eye-like quality that keeps me intrigued, and I think you did a good job hiding lots of images (or maybe I'm just seeing things) in the center one. These are all from scratch? Good work :)

flowerfancy58
05-18-2004, 01:06 AM
Hi there, and welcome:) I just love the first one........ looks like a beautiful jewel!

gloria

ladylampwork
05-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks Bloodjelly, and yes they are all from scratch. I used no photo just my mind and my hand.

ladylampwork
05-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks flowerfancy. I like the first one also. I have had many people see so many things in my art but this one to me is an eye looking at you! At least that's what I see.

justjean
05-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi ladylampwork and welcome

Three great paintings. I like the last one best, to me it looks like glass :)

grahamrj
05-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Interesting technique. I like the last one most. It looks like a jelly-fish to me. Possibly a jelly-fish made of glass, but definitely a jelly-fish.

Graham

ladylampwork
05-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks justjean :clap: I never know what will come out when I use the chrome filter but it does turn things glassy looking

ladylampwork
05-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks grahamrj :clap: I didnt see the jelly-fish, but I do know!

Cronious
05-20-2004, 06:32 AM
Bizarrre, I could have sworn I replied to this post :confused:

Ho hum, oh well

I'll post now.

I really like this, a unique vision, and all from scratch in PS cool.

Welcome to WC, looking forward to learning and sharing with you :D

Jet
05-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Yes Lady lamp, i liked best #2, as i see so many possibilities to include in my pieces.

Cronius said it, and i second her request for learning your procedures or methods as we share and improve on what everyone discovers.

Good jobs!

Regards
:cool:

ladylampwork
05-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks cronious, Yep it's all from scratch. I start with overlay colors on black, then i go to my filters, smudge tool, and work it until I'm happy.

ladylampwork
05-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Thanks jet liera, I just keep playing with the many filters, textures, lighting effects, air bursh and smudge tools. Once i get something i like i sometimes us the chrome filters ( as you can see) It dont always work, but sometimes it turns out cool. :clap:

Michael
05-20-2004, 11:22 PM
Lady,

Stunning!! From a black canvas? I really must try this out, My mind, after all, is filled with some really umbelievable imagery, Just not sure any of it is any good!!

Again...stunning work, and nothing at all bad to say about a single one!

Jonesboro?...LOl...I used to live in Hampton....Living so close to such a diverse city has to be a wealth of material for your imagination.

ladylampwork
05-24-2004, 12:58 AM
Thanks redwater, I sometimes find it hard to get what's in my head out and the black background contrast well with the image when finished. :)

Ceu
05-24-2004, 01:58 AM
:clap: welcome to the forum, it's great work, love your black and white versions beautiful.:)

ladylampwork
05-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Thanks Ceu, I like working on a black background, it makes a great contrast- I think. :)

Ente
05-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Wow, I love your photoshop work.
The first one is very beautiful,
I can't stop looking at it :clap:

Diane S.
05-25-2004, 12:23 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice work ladylampwork.I like all of them but the last is probably my favorite as it appears as a glass jellyfish to me.Very :cool: Keep up the good work
Diane

ladylampwork
05-28-2004, 01:52 AM
Thanks Diane :clap: I finally got my stuff uploaded. Hows the beading going?
I have been cooking some beads but it's getting a little hot in the garage to work. I will have to work when its cool. See Ya Sunday. :D

ladylampwork
05-28-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks Ente, I love Photoshop and I'm glad I can get whats in my head out on file