PDA

View Full Version : storage box seat

DuncanBerenice
09-16-2001, 09:48 AM
I made this seat storage box for my dad, a few years ago so that he could store some stuff (usually his tobacco), I made it so that you could use it as a seat.

I had bought my wife some folkart books and paint and we decided to have a go at folkart. The patterns came from one of the books.

We wouldn't mind some thoughts about it

Many thanks

Duncan

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2001/smoking_seat.jpg

paintinpat
09-16-2001, 10:52 PM
I love the shape, could be very useful to store magazines and a lot of other items as well. This could be decorated in any number of themes to go into perhaps a childs room or maybe a den. I like the chinese or oriental look of the pattern on the black basecoat. Job well done by both as usual.

Pat

DuncanBerenice
09-17-2001, 09:01 AM
Thanks Pat,

When I tried out the seat/storage box it was really comfortable to sit on, I was kinda unhappy that the box was going away as I would have used it myself, maybe put arm rests on it with a back rest as well. Maybe I'll play about with that idea.

We both had fun doing it, and we're hoping to do more inbetween our kids, I'm certainly aiming to do more on designing small furniture in the near future, see how that works out.

Thanks for your comments

Duncan

leesmith
09-17-2001, 07:05 PM
Another lovely piece Duncan!

You are putting us to shame with all your postings! But keep 'em coming, I love seeing what you and others are doing!

The design reminds me of the Bonsai trees my grandmother used to have.

Lee

DuncanBerenice
09-18-2001, 02:26 PM
thank you Lee

My dad is keen on his gardening and always fancied a bonsai tree and this is the closest he has got lol

At the moment I'm trying to design a jewelry box, I'll post that as soon as its made and painted. My wife and I are finding it encouraging with all the comments we're getting

Many thanks

Duncan

tammy
09-18-2001, 11:37 PM
Very Nice!!!!!

TeAnne
09-25-2001, 08:13 PM
Cool :D

Leaflin
09-26-2001, 02:01 PM
Great design Duncan.
I can see how it was hard to part with this one.