PDA

View Full Version : Nowhere To Hide

Yax
09-15-2001, 09:56 PM
I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time for my art work. Here is a quick cartoon that I drew. Surprisingly, shooting and bombing this #@*^# was a bit of a release (even though they were imaginary bullets). Yax :mad: :crying:

jenrou
09-15-2001, 10:13 PM
Thanks, I needed a grin!

wendee
09-16-2001, 02:48 AM
yeah me too:)

jenrou
09-16-2001, 03:03 AM
yax, you should sell this to the news or send it to the President. It's good.

jenrou
09-17-2001, 08:22 PM
Yax, I have a extended family member, young man in military.
He would get a kick out of this cartoon if I could send it to him. If you don't have specific plans for it, I'd like to show it to them.
If not, that's fine.:)

TeAnne
09-17-2001, 08:36 PM
yeah, way to go yax :evil:

Yax
09-18-2001, 01:05 AM
Thanks all for the favorable comments on this cartoon. jenrou please by all means send this cartoon to anyone you like. I have sent it to many friends and relatives, plus a few newspapers. Yax:mad: :crying:

jenrou
09-18-2001, 01:59 AM
Yax, if I were you, I'd somehow label the person with a certain name in case it gets seen by too many people. otherwise, you know lots of people will start yelling discrimination and profiling about it. Am I wrong about this?
Thanks!:p

MissMouse
09-18-2001, 12:47 PM
just what I needed ....

pixelscapes
09-18-2001, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by jenrou
Yax, if I were you, I'd somehow label the person with a certain name in case it gets seen by too many people. otherwise, you know lots of people will start yelling discrimination and profiling about it. Am I wrong about this?

No, you're not wrong. People are going to assume Yax isn't differentiating between the badguys and generic people-in-turbans. (and really, visually speaking, there is no differentiation seen here).

... that said, and operating under the assumption that the fellow is one of the Bad Guys, I had to smirk. :) Do you do a lot of cartooning, Yax?

-=- Jen

jenrou
09-18-2001, 01:33 PM
We here at WC I'm sure knew that he had labeled his post, and it was obvious that he meant the terrorists. I only mentioned it in case the news picked it up.
Gee, these days, you almost need to be a lawyer.:D Great cartoon!

Yax
09-18-2001, 04:28 PM
This is of course a depiction of one of the bad guys, in fact he is a metaphor of all those terrorists groups out there who want to devastate our civilization. It was certainly not meant as an insult to all Muslims, but only those "wackos" who have waged war on us. I don't feel it is necessary to put lables on this character with all the evidence available on who was responsible for these attacks.

Years ago while serving in the submarine service we endured many long patrols. We devised different ways to keep our spirits up. One thing we did was to publish a weekly newspaper. The Radiomen supplied the current news, one of the sailors submitted the weekly crossword puzzle, and my efforts were to do cartoons. I was was very popular in this reguard, because if anyone messed up, I would do a cartoon (everyone was fair game). Some 35 years later, some of the men I served with still remember those cartoons. Today, I draw cartoons if I feel passionate about something political. We have a little newspaper here where I live, and they generally print them. Yax :mad: :crying:

jenrou
09-18-2001, 10:00 PM
Yax, I think it's great, and certainly don't need any explanation. I guess I worked for the State government too long where they hammer "political correctness" into you.

I've done newsletters too, and love doing them.
Good for you!

Leaflin
09-24-2001, 08:04 AM
:) Good one Yax.