PDA

View Full Version : Redbud tree

peapod
05-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi there,
I also posted this in the landscape forum.

I just finished this painting of a Redbud tree. I think it's a Redbud tree anyway.

I will repeat what I said there in case no one here has seen it there...

There is a beautiful tree outside my apartment that blossomed these incredible pinkish/purplish/whitish flowers. I had no choice but to paint it...Now the pink blossoms are gone and leaves are there, but it was beautiful when the tree blossomed. Just seeing all the pink leaves on the ground like a pink carpet over the parking lot was cool.

I didn't feel like painting the tree against a parking lot, so I made up the setting myself of the creek. I think it works.

Anyway, it's 30x40 acrylic on canvas. Will cross post in acrylic forum.

Just felt like sharing.

MonicaB
05-16-2004, 04:39 PM
It's beautiful! Like the made-up background too. Here's a link that shows various photos of redbuds:

http://www.naturehills.com/new/product/productdetails.aspx?proname=Eastern+Redbud&Campaign_id=62&user=overture&keyword=redbud

Moosehead
05-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Isn't it great to be able to turn a parking lot into such a tranquil place. I wish I had the skill to do it as well as you have done. Fantastic!

terriv
05-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Now THAT is where I want to be! It's hard to believe that used to be a parking lot. Fantastic!

ShellyF
05-16-2004, 10:38 PM
OMG, this is beautiful. Definitely such a tranquil, peaceful feeling to it.

peapod
05-16-2004, 11:05 PM
thanks alot everyone.

I will see if I can post the photo from which this tree painting's idea sprang..

peapod
05-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Here is the actual tree that inspired this painting.

Please trust me when I say that these pictures do NOT truly represent the beauty of this tree... The blossoms are so much more vivid in real life.

Try to imagine the pavement covered with the pink petals that are on the tree...Like a carpet of pinkish alizarin....The car that is in these pics was totally covered with them. Think snow storm, but pink petals instead of snow..it was surreal..walking out to my truck I felt like royalty...

yum

ShellyF
05-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Even though the tree is beautiful in the photo, I think the way you interpreted (sp?) it in your painting is far better!

ExpressiveAngie
05-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Even though the tree is beautiful in the photo, I think the way you interpreted (sp?) it in your painting is far better!

Yeah baby!!! :clap: :clap:

Tridun
05-22-2004, 12:05 AM
To think you pulled that much inspiration out of a parking lot!!
You must feel peaceful and tranquil where you live to be able to imagine a real tree in your world that way.
Bravo :clap:

printzessofthenorth
05-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Beautiful! I admire the way you create focus/focal point, subduing other elements. It's still difficult for me to do that...maybe my ADD! lol!! Lovely painting.

debbie

cherie_b
05-24-2004, 12:48 AM
I loved your painting and i can see where the inspiration came from but your tree is much nicer! I loved the stream too!

HRH Goldie
05-24-2004, 05:26 AM
I agree - your rendition much better. You obviously have the eye ;)
Christine