PDA

View Full Version : something for US -

MissMouse
09-15-2001, 10:11 AM
I was wondering if a New Channel could be set up for us to post our pictures, words and feelings. This will not be over for a very long time and this little part of the world known as Wetcanvas needs a place to come for comfort to air views and ask for prayers. Show our works and gather as a community. You people are helping me through a very tough time. As a disaster worker in our local area I have seen some very gruesome things that are all haunting me now. Coming here in the middle of the night when ghosts seem to be most active has relieved me. Just reading and looking at the things people have posted help me release tears. So Scott please think about this. It is not medium on this canvas but our lives.

scottb
09-15-2001, 11:05 AM
The same thought occured to me a few days ago, when the Cafe message list grew to 2 pages of threads just about this incident. Perhaps a subforum of the Cafe? Any other thoughts floating around out there. I can also see keeping everything in the Cafe - either way is fine with me.

Cheers.
Scott

TeAnne
09-15-2001, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a good idea Pam and Scott. There are many msgs of love and hope here that they are getting lost as quickly as they are posted.

Leaflin
09-15-2001, 08:07 PM
Lorna responded in her birthday thread with words that have really helped me.
The cafe' is the place we all come to and expect to see others here.
A subforum for poetry and photos sounds good.
It might help the threads from disappearing so quickly.
But I don't mind going back a few pages to look at something I may have missed.

Ivyleaf
09-16-2001, 12:38 AM
I know the Cafe is traditionally where we come to express our concerns, our joys, our heartaches and our happiness. At this time however I am finding it difficult still to express my thoughts on everything that has happened. I think a subforum would be a great place to put our all thoughts, prayers, drawings, sketches, etc. related to this even. Even though we have already a project for this, I think as people sketch through their thoughts they may want a little more space for talking about what they've drawn...