PDA

View Full Version : Something different for me.

Laura G
05-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Here is the photo I took and worked from along with the painting I did. I used photoshop to edit the photo and lighten areas of it as I was working. I guess the painting was not too bad because I've already sold it. yay!

ShellyF
05-15-2004, 02:23 PM
I love all of your work! I just love your use of all the primary colours in this, it's so bright and fun. Not surprising at all that it sold!! :clap:

greymist
05-15-2004, 02:29 PM
I like the small town nostalgic look of this painting... and the nice balance of colors that you used throughout the painting.

odge
05-15-2004, 10:14 PM
I really love the colours in the pavement and road. You've done a splendid job with this and I'm not surprised it was snatched up so quickly.

Well done.

Jo

surreal
05-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Here is the photo I took and worked from along with the painting I did. I used photoshop to edit the photo and lighten areas of it as I was working. I guess the painting was not too bad because I've already sold it. yay!

Hi Laura,
It's a terrific painting and reminds me very much of the work of Edward Hopper.

Are you familiar with Hopper's work?

:)

blumoon
05-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Love your painting.

prepsage
05-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Surreal- That's what I was going to say!! :D A more pleasant Hopper at that!

blue_girl
05-18-2004, 01:37 AM
I really like this piece it reminds me of artwork I saw while walking along the board walk in capistrano. I really like the colors you blended into the street, such a suptle touch made such a difference. thanks for taking me back. :)

Georgi
05-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Hi Laura...'tis no surprise you've already sold this painting. It's wonderful. You should make some prints of it...they would sell too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lee

dannyd
05-18-2004, 04:41 AM
very nice. I think I'll have a peek at more of your work!
Danny

HRH Goldie
05-18-2004, 04:56 AM
Danny I love your interpretation of the original photo. I think yours is a much more evocative image and love the figure.
The whole composition just works - well done :clap: :clap: :clap:
Christine

Rose Baggs
05-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Great painting Laura...no wonder it's been sold already!!! :clap:

Laura G
05-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Hi Laura,
It's a terrific painting and reminds me very much of the work of Edward Hopper.

Are you familiar with Hopper's work?

:)

The name sounded familiar but I wasn't sure who he was until I looked him up on the net. I remember that diner scene of his. I was entranced by it the first time I saw it.

What a great compliment. Thanks!

Laura G
05-19-2004, 01:13 AM
Hi Laura...'tis no surprise you've already sold this painting. It's wonderful. You should make some prints of it...they would sell too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lee

Thanks Georgi and everyone else for the great comments. The painting is still in my possession at the moment. I told the buyer she couldn't have it until I had prints made. I hope you're right about them selling too. It's such a wonderful feeling to sell a print and get a little extra profit off all that hard work put into the original.

buckeyekj
05-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Very nice painting. I can feel myself in the setting, eyeing the storefronts, and having a relaxing stroll. :)

Lady Carol
05-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Definitely something different. I like it :D

printzessofthenorth
05-19-2004, 12:11 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: bright (mood) strong (structure). I've been shopping on lazy summer afternoons such as this. :)

debbie