PDA

View Full Version : where is dick cheney?

lori
09-15-2001, 09:43 AM
unfortunately, because i only get CNN over here, i haven't heard anything reported about dick cheney. i know that he is at camp david, but there is starting to be a superstition abroad that something happened to him...we have not seen him once on the news, that is CNN, over here.

can anyone in america tell me if he has been on any of the other major news networks. i hope that his health is well and that he isn't experiencing heart problems from all of this. i also know that for security reasons that he and the president can not be together at this, time in case of attempt on the presidents life...but i'm really worried that something might have happened.

anyone have any news of him...seen him lately????

MissMouse
09-15-2001, 10:00 AM
You post an interesting question -

leesmith
09-15-2001, 10:12 AM
It is 10:10 AM Saturday morning on eastern seacoast USA.

A broadcast is running right now that was recorded a few minutes ago at Camp David. President Bush is speaking and I believe that is our Vice President sitting on his right.

scottb
09-15-2001, 10:58 AM
Dick Cheney has been at Camp David (supposedly) for the past few days. Whether or not he was at Camp David, or some other location, is irrelevant. According to U.S. emergency SOP, the two are split up in times of national emergency.

My guess is that he has been working feverishly with the JCS to position the appropriate U.S. military assets, as well as participating in the dissemination of various intelligence reports.

In other words, while the President flies around attending ceremonies, making speeches, and doing site visits (all things the country needs, BTW), the Vice President has been performing all the "backoffice" tasks ...

This is a good thing, IMHO. Cheney has vast experience in these areas ...

Cheers.
Scott

Phyllis Rennie
09-15-2001, 08:13 PM
He also has a great deal of experience in international policy and supposedly has been involved in lining up the necessary support overseas.