PDA

View Full Version : Different Boat...Different Beach

Georgi
05-15-2004, 03:37 AM
Hi again,

Here's my fourth and latest attempt at painting with acrylics...all critiques and tips etc., very welcome...thanks in advance...this, too is 16" x 12" on "canvas board".

Lee :)

Georgi
05-15-2004, 03:39 AM
Just me again...this hasn't scanned very well...and looks 'smudged' and a lot darker than what it really is...anyway...it gives you a bit of an idea, I guess... :(

Thanks for looking... :)

Lee

cunparis
05-15-2004, 04:20 AM
Hi again,

Here's my fourth and latest attempt at painting with acrylics...all critiques and tips etc., very welcome...thanks in advance...this, too is 16" x 12" on "canvas board".

Lee :)

Hard to say because the image quality isn't very good. It looks like the foreground is very light but the background very dark and I think it might look better if the foreground was a little darker and the background a little lighter (atmospheric perspective). But it depends, if your painting is a night scene then it can be different.

-michael

Georgi
05-15-2004, 05:44 AM
Thanks, Michael.... the image is shocking...I'll have to try scanning it again...I'll take a photo of it and try that way....it's almost impossible to see this way.

Thanks for your time and comments. :)

Lee

cunparis
05-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks, Michael.... the image is shocking...I'll have to try scanning it again...I'll take a photo of it and try that way....it's almost impossible to see this way.

Thanks for your time and comments. :)

Lee

I use my digital camera to take pictures of my paintings. I find it much quicker and easier. Just set up enough lighting so you don't need the flash.

Georgi
05-16-2004, 12:45 AM
I don't have a digital camera, but I have taken a pic of this with my regular Pentax...just haven't had the film processed yet. Thanks, Michael. :)

Lee

odge
05-16-2004, 01:15 AM
If you have paintshop pro or photoshop or something on your computer, you could lighten the picture.

Also, you could increase the resolution that you scan the pic at which would remove some of the blur.

Jo

Georgi
05-16-2004, 01:37 AM
Thanks, Jo...I have neither Photoshop or Photopaint...but I will try changing the resolution...thanks. :)

Lee