PDA

View Full Version : Terence Rigby

aaasp
09-14-2001, 10:23 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2001/Terence_Rigby.jpg

Oil on canvas- 116 x 89cms

An actor. A friend. With his make-up paraphenalia. A priviledge to paint.

giniaad
09-15-2001, 01:01 AM
I enjoy looking at your work...
precise and still painterly...

short and sweet for now...
time for sleep...

ginia

ArtyHelen
09-15-2001, 05:10 AM
When I saw this one at your site, I didn't look as closely at the materials as I did at him, and I thought he was a carpenter!
But now that you've pointed it out, his expression and hands definitely say 'actor'!

When did you first pick up a paintbrush, Anthony? And have you painted every day since then, or with breaks? I want to know how long it takes to get this amazing with paint!

Thanx.

Helen

aaasp
09-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Thanks Helen and Ginia(all that time ago;) )
The reproduction is a little too pinky/mauve.
But it's one of my favourites.

jerryW
09-11-2003, 01:34 PM
checking both ways to see if anyone serious is looking, 'cause I'm about to respond uncritically:

MAGNIFICENT!!!

pero lane
09-11-2003, 01:51 PM
I'm nervous about giving an "unprofessional "reply...but by God this is so good!! Articulate and strong!:clap:

artbabe21
09-11-2003, 02:24 PM
my eyes are so drawn to the skin tones and wrinkles...superb, Anthony! :)

Paintonbrush
09-11-2003, 03:13 PM
No Monsters in here

just fantastic painting that I study with glee

your work is very professional

andyvry
09-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Immediately struck by the pose......reminiscent of Graham Sutherland's portrait of Somerset Maugham, c1949 - which I believe is in The Tate, London.

In your painting, the pose is very expressive, powerful - but at the same time there is a feeling of great sensitivity as well.

A most enjoyable picture to ponder in front of. It has that certain something, which is not easy to explain.

Thanks for sharing it.

andy.

aaasp
09-11-2003, 07:04 PM
I just came in and said "I'll just check it out", they are probably still squabbling, and I am warm all over.
Thankyou.
Jerry you and I will have to crack a bottle one day.

designditz
09-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Just wanna give my 2 cents...REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Shelley
09-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Man, oh man. :) What a work. The gesture of that arm across the body, and the strength and delicacy of the fingers--it's a marvelous pose. And beautifully rendered. I love the contrast of the smooth upper arms with the weathered and veined forearms and hands, and of the cluttered table with the chaste background.

IMO, less detail in the shadow side of the face might help highlight his expression (and what an expression). At the moment, its degree of articulation pulls my eye away from his features.

MM

Luzie
09-12-2003, 02:21 AM
Absolutely wonderful!
It shows that you know him, I believe the best portraits/figure paintings are the ones where sitter and painter have a connection, somehow this will pass on to the viewer and he becomes part of that circle, sure was my feeling when I saw your painting:)