PDA

View Full Version : Standing In The Gap

Phyllis Rennie
09-14-2001, 07:31 PM
This is my son and daughter-in-law who are members of the US Air Force. The message that I received from them is that their bags are packed and the planes are loaded and ready.

Please share with us those of your family and friends who are serving our nation in this terrible outrage. If you have someone in the military, law enforcment, Red Cross workers, etc. , please post here in tribute to them as they have an extremely difficult job ahead of them and need our prayers and support. Thanks.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2001/D&e.jpg

Sandi
09-14-2001, 10:48 PM
(((((((((((((((Phyllis))))))))))))))) You're fear must be as overwhelming as your pride for your son and daughter-in-law. My heart swells with both as well as I read your note and gaze upon their beautiful hearts. ((((((((((((((son and daughter in law)))))))))))))) May God keep you in his graces and surround you with angels to keep you safe, comforted, strong and secure. Thank you for your courage and love for our fellow man and our country. May God bless and keep you safe. I salute you!

wendee
09-14-2001, 11:03 PM
Sandi Has put it so well.....((((((Phyllis)))))))...
((((((((your son and daughter in law)))))))))))))

Rod
09-15-2001, 01:08 AM
((((((((Phyllis, Son and Daughter in law))))))))))
Thoughts are with you, may you all be kept safe,
Rod

Sandi
09-15-2001, 01:19 PM
My nephew, D.J., who is fresh out of high school where he was a track star, is now one of the courageous young fighting persons on the USS Enterprise. The last news I recieved, the big gun ship was on its way in for layover and had not yet recieved orders to turn around. But I haven't heard anything since. Has anyone else heard anything about his ship?
Please pray for all our Military Personel.

Sandi
09-15-2001, 01:29 PM
I found a news article. His ship and a few others were requested to remain stationed in the zone, rather than return home for layover, as we last heard.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20010911-2013-attacks-mili.html

Leaflin
09-15-2001, 02:49 PM
(((((((Phyllis and family)))))))
(((((((Sandi and family)))))))
My prayers are with you.

Leaflin
09-15-2001, 02:59 PM
My nephew Richard is on one of the Amphibious Warfare Vessels in the Pacific Fleet.
They call it an Assault Ship. :(
My prayers are with you all.

Lulu
09-15-2001, 03:11 PM
Fear passes through me as I read these posts. We know here in NZ that 'preparations' are being made, but not much more than that.
My heart and prayers go out to all family and friends of all who are and who are going to be involved.

Phyllis Rennie
09-15-2001, 08:02 PM
I do appreciate all the hugs and good wishes that you have sent our way. And I will also think of and pray often for the others listed here.

At this point, I am not fearful--probably will be as soon as I hear that the planes are leaving Mountain Home. Right now I am just feeling such an overwhelming sadness that there is no room left to feel anything else.

Both my son and his wife dearly love the Air Force and are totally dedicated to doing their jobs. He has been in almost 14 years now and she about 15. Even if something should happen to them--God forbid--but if it does, I would know that they were doing a job to which they were totally devoted. That fact and my faith in God gives me the strength to remain calm even though I am extremely concerned.

It's just so very sad.

Sandi
09-15-2001, 08:20 PM
(((((((((Linda))))))))) My heart goes out to you and your family too.
We have a great group of Military personel from right here in our own WC family line. Go get em tigers!!!

My cousin found my nephews (her son) ship. Over 3000 on board.
http://www.navy.mil/homepages/cvn65

((((((Phyllis, Linda)))))) With us Military brats sticking together, we'll overcome this yet!

Leaflin
09-15-2001, 08:38 PM
(((((Sandi)))))
Your nephew is in the Atlantic Fleet out of Norfolk, Virginia on my side of the US and my nephew is in the Pacific Fleet out of San Diego, California on your side of the US.
Go figure.

The ship that Richard is on is called the 'Bonhomme Richard LHD'
When he found out what ship he was to be on my sister couldn't believe he got one with his name on it!
Here is Richards very own ship.

http://www.bonhomme-richard.navy.mil/welcome.htm

joemajury
09-15-2001, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Phyllis Rennie
I do appreciate all the hugs and good wishes that you have sent our way. And I will also think of and pray often for the others listed here.

At this point, I am not fearful--probably will be as soon as I hear that the planes are leaving Mountain Home. Right now I am just feeling such an overwhelming sadness that there is no room left to feel anything else.

Both my son and his wife dearly love the Air Force and are totally dedicated to doing their jobs. He has been in almost 14 years now and she about 15. Even if something should happen to them--God forbid--but if it does, I would know that they were doing a job to which they were totally devoted. That fact and my faith in God gives me the strength to remain calm even though I am extremely concerned.

It's just so very sad.

Phyllis.
I was in thr RAF for 14 years, and it is our life, we Expect to go to war at anytime.
It is what we have trained for, and to us its no big deal.
I have served my country in 3 different uniforms, I wont go into them all, but in the last one, I was injured (badly) at 37, and that was me effectively out of work.
I have pulled a gun on someone with the intention of shooting them, just to find out at the last minute that this person was a victim as well.
If I had my health, I WOULDNT hesitate to do it all again.
There comes a time, like in bullying, when you have to say - enough is enough, ANYBODY in the forces will understand this.
I feel sorry for all you people who cant understand this, do you think that we WANT WAR, we dont, but we KNOW that speaking to terorists doesnt work.
I have NEVER suggested a blanket bombing of any country, but I feel that the perpertrators of this act - and the people behind it - have to be brought to justice. - EXECUTED!!!!!!!!
"NEVER SAY _ you will never kill", it could be your family next, and THEN what will you do, sit and talk to these people - it JUST DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Sandi
09-15-2001, 09:36 PM
How ironic Linda! On all accounts. That's cool his ship is named after him. :) I enjoyed the history of the ship from your link.
Here is a link of the ships whereabouts to check occasionally. Right now they've had to stop listing the ships and even took them off the map for now due to high security alert. But as soon as there's peace.. we can see them! :)

http://www.uniontribune.com/news/military/watch/index.html

Leaflin
09-16-2001, 07:35 AM
Thanks Sandi
When I think about it I am glad they took the locations off the map!
Maybe they will use that site for general information to friends and families.
Will keep a check on it.

MissMouse
09-16-2001, 11:36 AM
My prayers are with you nd all our service people
Joey and Leaf - US Airforce -

Phyllis Rennie
09-16-2001, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by joemajury

Phyllis.
I was in thr RAF for 14 years, and it is our life, we Expect to go to war at anytime.
It is what we have trained for, and to us its no big deal.
I have served my country in 3 different uniforms, I wont go into them all, but in the last one, I was injured (badly) at 37, and that was me effectively out of work.

If I had my health, I WOULDNT hesitate to do it all again.

Joe

Thank you, Joe. I, as well as all the others who enjoy freedom, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the sacrifices that you made to preserve that freedom. (((Joe)))

Sandi
09-17-2001, 11:59 AM
Me too Linda!
Then this morning my cuz sent me this link: http://www.worldtribune.com/ out of Washington DC.
with an updated pic fro the 16th!! grrrr
Any more word on Richard yet Linda?
Phyliss any word yet as to their papers?

AmyH
09-17-2001, 01:13 PM
Thinking of you all and your loved ones. My brother in law is in the reserves here in Washington, at Fort Lewis. He is still at home with his wife and baby. take care.

amy

Leaflin
09-17-2001, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the link Sandi.
I will keep a check on that one too.
Kinda gives you chills.
Haven't heard a thing yet.
Amy I pray your brother in law stays right where he is.

Phyllis Rennie
09-17-2001, 08:27 PM
Nothing new to report from here. I don't expect much warning. When he went to Saudi for Desert Storm, we got a phone call less than an hour before he flew out.

Phyllis Rennie
09-17-2001, 08:29 PM
Amy, adding him to my list of people who need our prayers.

Sandi
09-17-2001, 08:37 PM
(((((((((Amy))))))))) I'm adding him to our family list too.

caro
09-17-2001, 08:42 PM
my husband is an active duty military member, he's in the army, here in ft. lewis :( we also haven't heard anything yet, and i hope it'll stay this way.

Leaflin
09-17-2001, 09:42 PM
(((((((Caro)))))))

Gisela
09-17-2001, 10:20 PM
I hope all of your loved ones stay safe in the trying times ahead.

Hugs,
Gisela

Sandi
09-17-2001, 11:11 PM
((((((((((((((((((Caro))))))))))))))))))) Have added your husband and his loved ones into our family list too, as with Amy's and the others.

Sandi
09-18-2001, 11:25 PM
Thank you ((((((((((Gis)))))))))))).

My daughter found this link. It has many of the military services, ships, etc listed. Hopefully we'll be able to see and share our growing families during the relief times. http://dailypress.com/news/military.htm

LornaM
09-19-2001, 10:17 AM
i will pray for these...please pray for mine. i have two brother-in-laws in the military, USAF. between them they have six children. both are well prepared to give their lives for their country. but my heart is breaking for this generation of young men. i have three nephews, 18, 17, 16. i canīt bear to think of what this could mean to their lives. i pray for peace even though i know these terrorists must be stopped.

ReNae
09-19-2001, 12:09 PM
I have no one who is in active duty, but my heart and prayers go out to all of you and the servicemen/women of this country. These are trying times ahead and please thank them for keeping our country safe, free and strong. Peace to you and all your loved ones.

~ReNae

Phyllis Rennie
09-21-2001, 08:45 PM
Thanks for adding your support. We received word yesterday that our son will be there by Monday. Don't know yet where "there" is.

yellow rose
09-23-2001, 09:34 AM
:clap:
I wish that I could tell each and every person in the service how proud I am of their dedication, courage, and service.
Thirty-three years ago I watched with tears in my eyes and a heart full of love and fear as I watched my husband get on his B-52 and fly away to Vietnam. I know that those good-byes have not gotten any easier. To all of the dependents left behind, I salute you too. Your sacrafice is greatly appreciated.
Yellow Rose