View Full Version : Ezra

Kitty Wallis
05-12-2004, 01:46 PM
18"x24" Underpainting of Createx Pure Pigments, 20 min
Pastel painting, 45 min

Demo in booth at Portrait convention

Dyin
05-12-2004, 02:00 PM
oh, I like the cool blues with this one...nice depth.

Fagan
05-12-2004, 05:20 PM
I love the blues behind his head area...and on his shoulder. lovely work!

Mo.
05-12-2004, 08:41 PM
For a speed portrait this is wonderful, you sure know how to use colour to the best effect, I can see a couple of things that need adjusting, but really a lovely piece of work, I wish I could do so well in colour in such a short time.

Mo.:)

Khadres
05-12-2004, 08:44 PM
This one's great, just like the others! This must be something of a challenge? How many of these do you have to do each day and how many days? Were you tired by the time you got home? Wears me out just thinkin' about it, but I bet it was exhilarating, as well!

Kitty Wallis
05-12-2004, 10:21 PM
This one's great, just like the others! This must be something of a challenge? How many of these do you have to do each day and how many days? Were you tired by the time you got home? Wears me out just thinkin' about it, but I bet it was exhilarating, as well!

I do 2 or 3 each day. Each in 2 sittings. Sometimes the sittings are on different days, hence Cathy's change of shirt color. This time all but one of the sitters returned for the second sitting.

The event was Thurs evening thru Sunday morning. I was tired but happy. I always get energized working in front of crowds and talking to the portrait sitter, and seeing their reaction. Everything from the sceptical look to tears with !!! You've got my soul!!!

Khadres
05-13-2004, 02:15 AM
I do 2 or 3 each day. Each in 2 sittings. Sometimes the sittings are on different days, hence Cathy's change of shirt color. This time all but one of the sitters returned for the second sitting.

The event was Thurs evening thru Sunday morning. I was tired but happy. I always get energized working in front of crowds and talking to the portrait sitter, and seeing their reaction. Everything from the sceptical look to tears with !!! You've got my soul!!!

I bet it is fun. I thought it was for like two weeks or a whole week or something and that could probably become tiring. Glad you had such a good trip!

meowmeow
05-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Wow! Fabulous colors...wonderful portait in such an amazingly short time.

Sandy

Gis
05-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Wow! it's amazing in such a short time : :clap:
Gis

k9artisan
05-13-2004, 12:04 PM
This is so great and you did it so fast! Thanks for sharing!
Am :clap: :clap:

Mikki Petersen
05-13-2004, 03:07 PM
It's so interesting that you can do these so fast and in front of an audience. My husband walks in the room and I stop painting :D You get such great sense of the individual and yet when one really looks close there is very little detail in your work. Beautiful!

Kathryn Wilson
05-13-2004, 05:31 PM
It's hard to add more to what's already been said - but each portrait is special and I see this person's energy coming off the paper - the red/brown hair against the turquoise really pops the head forward.

Luvy
05-13-2004, 06:26 PM
45 minutes? OMG This would take me 20-40 hours LOL Love the colors you've used.