PDA

View Full Version : hope....

deevaa
09-13-2001, 07:51 PM
TK (he'll be 4 next Friday!) made 2 cardboard planes and gave them to me, asking me to send them to replace 'the ones the bad men broke' ... I was very proud of him but had no way of knowing where to send the planes too, so I sent an email to United Airlines telling them about TK's cardboard planes, and offering my condolences.

This morning I received an email back from the Line Manager in Chicago thanking me:

"Touched does not begin to explain how I feel. Please thank your son and if he would like, you can send the planes to me."

Below was his address, he'd forwarded the email to many other people within the company, and I received another email saying:

"During these hard times (for us all), it helps to see the hope and goodness in our future generation. Your son must have a very kind heart."

It feels good that even from here the brightness of TK's spirit has touched others. I am very proud of him -- it brings me hope in the darkness -- I've still not located my friend who worked on the 78th floor of tower 2, I spent a lot of yesterday scrolling through survivor lists, without luck.

dee

Jan-Michael
09-13-2001, 07:57 PM
what a lovely story... Thanks...:)

arourapope
09-13-2001, 07:58 PM
{{{{{{{{Deevaa}}}}}}}}}
I really don't know what to say, but as the mother of a five year old I felt I had to respond to this. Hug that little guy for me, would ya?
Aurora

FioreQ
09-13-2001, 08:02 PM
oh dear Dee what a story.......
I hope you find your friend....

:)

ZOTMA
09-13-2001, 08:20 PM
TK is so awesome!
It was very hard for me to explain what went on to my 4 year old after he watch the plane hit the building. They're so full of 'why's' anyhow.
Give TK a big hug, my heart goes out to you and your friend.

Lulu
09-13-2001, 08:25 PM
Be very proud of yourself for the way you are raising your son, deevaa. What a loving, generous spirit he has. This story has so warmed my heart - thank you so much for sharing.
I will pray for your friend.

MissMouse
09-13-2001, 08:52 PM
What a wonderful young man. Ladies - encourage your children to draw what they saw and how they feel about it. - it will be very helpful you can talk to them as the drawing progresses. This is how we help children that are involved in disasters. It is also what was done with children in nazi concentration camps. It would break your heart to see their drawings in the memorial in Washington DC. As an art therapy worker a friend an I sat and openly wept at the sight of those drawings.

MissMouse
09-13-2001, 08:55 PM
sorry I also wanted to add that I am so sorry for your friend I hope with all my heart your find her. Also, those sites on the web are fake so don't believe them. New York has not yet set up a site and when they do I will forward the official site to you. It is unbelievable how some people will feed on those in need.

Leaflin
09-14-2001, 08:52 AM
((((deevaa)))) TK is lucky to have you for a Mom.

caro
09-14-2001, 09:47 PM
yes, this is quite a nice story! thanks for sharing!! i also hope you'll find your friend!!!

deevaa
09-16-2001, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to let you know I've now heard from my friend who was in the WTC when the attacks happened, he is safe and well and has now been transferred to Philadelphia to resume work on Monday.