PDA

View Full Version : Arms Wide-Open

colorme
09-13-2001, 05:26 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Sep-2001/arms.jpg
Arms Wide-Open
11x14
Mixed Media

I finally bought some oil paints, and I have to say they are very fun to use, kind of hard at the beginning..so i have to say that this is my first partial oil painting..:pI will definitely try and make a painting only in oils...btw, I started to paint this on monday and finished it on tuesday afternoon while watching the news...so maybe the outcome of this has something to do with what's been happening[?] i don't know..

timelady
09-14-2001, 04:03 PM
Always glad to see someone trying oils. :) A couple tips though - if you want to use oils invest either in some oil-painting paper (it's primed) or prime your paper with a few layers of acrylic primer first. Otherwise the oil will seep into the paper and eventually rot, ruining the painting. If you using acrylic and oils (can't really tell what all your mixed media is here) always use the oils *over* the acrylic and not vice versa. Oh, and have fun! Lots more info int he oil forum.

Like your colours in this one. :)

Tina.

owens1299
09-16-2001, 10:32 PM
If you using acrylic and oils (can't really tell what all your mixed media is here) always use the oils *over* the acrylic and not vice versa.

If you use water soluble oils you can use them almost at anytime with acrylics from what i have learned from my own paintings and from friends that use them also... :clap:

But, I really like your painting... I really like the colors that you used in it... keep up the great work... :)

~Shannon

colorme
09-16-2001, 10:52 PM
thank you so much both of you..btw, Welcome to WetCanvas! Shannon..the oils where only used for the hair, and I had used acrylic first and then oils on top. I did do an all-oils painting/sketch that I posted on this thread.