PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration for us all ...

scottb
09-13-2001, 03:14 PM
"God may show you mercy, we will not." - Senator John McCain, Arizona.

jenrou
09-13-2001, 04:51 PM
Yes! Thank you Scott. I love that image!
I've had five uncles in WWII, 2 family members in Vietnam, and I'm probably leaving some out.

We know there will never be the worldwide peace that so many think will solve everything. There are always evil people that do not want peace.
Nobody wants war, and killing, but some kind of justice must be had, not for revenge, but these evil persons will continue to kill and blow up any country they can. Some of these groups are still at large, probably here in the US, and there are new bomb threats every moment.
How many times have they blown up our buildings, ships, planes, military personell (in so-called peace times)? I am almost glad that my WWII uncles have passed on just this past year. It would kill them to see this. One uncle was on the Enterprise in WWII when the suicide bomber flew into it. The others were in direct combat and in bombed out areas.
I admire our heroic military, firefighters, police, emergency personell, hospitals and anyone who prays, or even tries to help. God Bless them, our country and especially our leaders.
I have in the past worked as emergency personell on airplane crashes, just about everything, worked with military and police, so I do know to some extent what these workers are going through. Nothing this bad, though.
We live in a time where "rights of people" have been hammered into us, so that we are afraid to say what we think. Any sensible person, no matter where they live, will understand that we need to be able to speak, not meanly or hurtful to anyone, but to be able to speak our outrage against evil terrorists.

I have watched and held it in, waiting for news of friends, just as many of you are, until I am ready to burst. If I have offended any of you on this board, please forgive me.

Sandi
09-13-2001, 05:21 PM
AMEN!!!!

jenrou
09-13-2001, 06:23 PM
I apologize if I have intruded on your "inspirational" thread. If my message needs to be moved or taken out, so be it. These were things I suppose I needed to say, but did not originally intend on saying them on your thread.

MissMouse
09-13-2001, 09:33 PM
Snap to attention the General has arrived ..... OK so I want to feel important ...truth is have two Generals in the family. Uncle John liberated Nazi war camps and Dad won the silver star in the Philippines ..... Your picture warms my heart as did my 23 year old son who said he is ready to defend our liberty. Not that I like him saying that and thought of chopping his right toe off. I must respect his bravery and willingness to defend the free world.

ReNae
09-13-2001, 10:17 PM
Bless you, Scott.

~ReNae

Gisela
09-13-2001, 11:09 PM
I received this image in an e-mail tonight.
More tears... :crying:

jenrou
09-14-2001, 12:15 AM
I think this was the flag, according to the news, that was first found by the firefighters in their first rescue efforts in the buildings or rubble. I know they found one and raised it in the area. So much heroism and patriotism.

scottb
09-14-2001, 12:42 AM
You haven't offended me at all, Jenrou ... :)

Both of my grandfathers were in WWII - one was a B-17 Navigator in the "Mighty 8th Air Force", flying raids over the English Channel into France/Germany. My other grandfather was a tanker in North Africa. I have an Uncle who rode in a PBR (riverboat) in Viet Nam, scooping bodies out of the water with a large gaffe. Another uncle who is a retired Colonel out of the 82nd Airborne Division. I also have a distant uncle who is a retired 1-star general. Patriotism and pride run deep in my family.

Cheers.
Scott

Leaflin
09-14-2001, 08:28 AM
Thanks Scott

Quoting from Lorna
"I will live a life free of fear"
Really hit a cord this morning.
Thanks Lorna