PDA

View Full Version : shut

ejfarrae
09-13-2001, 03:35 PM
all i could manage in the last couple of days. i found myself pressing the oil pastels into the paper harder than i wanted wishing that i couldn't see what i can't stop looking at.

ZOTMA
09-13-2001, 03:44 PM
Poignant
a vision of vulnerability, confusion, grief, intensity
to me this also conveys that un-nameable feeling in my gut, a void, a silence and a stifled scream at once
well done
thanks for sharing

jheinrich
09-13-2001, 03:56 PM
if only it were that easy ...

excellent piece- especially the range of colors throughout ...

j*

Totem
09-13-2001, 04:11 PM
We hope to shut our eyes to the horror, close our ears to the agony and not feel the pain. But we can not.

Your colors represent the spectrum of emotions we all feel and the intensity with how we feel them.

Amazing piece of work and I hope it has helped release some of the helplessness we all feel.

Totem

Ceu
09-13-2001, 10:08 PM
I agree with Totem .

jerryW
09-14-2001, 02:29 AM
yes

teixman
09-14-2001, 10:53 AM
As usual this is a good painting, but this time you let we know how much you are wounded by the brutal attack that ny suffered on september 11th.
Outside the US, many people share your feelings, and living in spain, where terrorism unfortunately isn't an unusual fact, i understand very well that feeling of living a nightmare.

Ladysue
09-14-2001, 11:19 AM
I was impressed by the stillness of this representation of emotion.
I also detect a duality in the colors splitting the face right down the middle. Sick with fright and cold with anger. Am I right?
Unfortunately, none of us will have the comfort of blindness anymore, unless we voluntarly blindfold ourselves. The pain, the freight and the anger are no longer a two dimensional picture on the six o'clock news.
What also struck me is that the blindfold looks like a wound dressing. Lets heal our eyes from the painful flash we had and soon, take action in healing others.

That's what I see. Thanks for posting.

YLCIA
09-14-2001, 11:53 AM
Absolutely impressive!
We wish to but we cannot afford the luxury not to see...

Julia

ArtyHelen
09-14-2001, 12:21 PM
Beautiful in such an incredibly poignant and sad way.

Helen