PDA

View Full Version : Garden Stairway

dannyd
05-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Had to try something more traditional.

ExpressiveAngie
05-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Beautiful, the flowers and the railing in particular...lovely.

terriv
05-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Very nice. As lovely as it would be on a wall, that would be the greeting card I would select. You should have it printed as such.

I met on ebay a man who collected antique school photos. He was having them printed into greeting cards which he sold at teacher's conventions. He did quite well at it.

I met another man locally who started painting cards. He happened to be a printer by trade so he began printing them and selling them to local stores. Now he has a national greeting card business.

Trivia of sorts.

You might even print them on your printer and package them in packages of six blank inside.

dannyd
05-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Hi Terriv,
I pretty much make note cards out of all of my art. Garden Stairway is one of the pieces that works the best. Thanks for your comments,
Danny

Georgi
05-11-2004, 12:58 AM
Thanks for sharing, Danny...this is lovely...so much detail...would take me a month of Sundays...wonderful.

Georgi :)

artistodon
05-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Wow Danny this is really really good. Reminds me of a Thomas Kinkade painting. Great colors and capture of light.
Don :)

Lady Carol
05-11-2004, 06:25 PM
It is good!

The only thing missing is the shadow from the railing.

prepsage
05-11-2004, 07:37 PM
I think just a bit more depth to the stones as well.

dannyd
05-11-2004, 08:23 PM
depth from lighting? I might try to add that with the railing shadow.
thanks for the input!

Marty C
05-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi dannyd,
Beautiful detailed work, a little extra shadow and it will be remarkable.

HRH Goldie
05-12-2004, 05:20 AM
I thought of Kinkade as soon as I saw this - well done. :clap:

prepsage
05-12-2004, 05:34 AM
Sorry, I was a bit vague on the comment. It seems that the stone wall should be slightly curved, but It's reading as fairly flat to my eye. The reason why this strikes me is that the rest of the landscape is rendered in such gorgeous detail. Which draws my attention so something that is brighter, contains less detail, and seems flatter than the rest of the painting. This is easily solved by pulling some of the dark value you've got where the stone wall meets the stairs, into the rest of the stones. You need not bathe the entire wall in that value, just a splash here and there to give it a lil more depth.

I would think...judging from the light source, the shadow from the railing would only fall on the stairs, you may want to dumb it down a bit so you won't disturb the role the stairs play in the composition. Throwing a shadow in there can possibly split the shape the stairs create.

but don't take my word for it..

chal
05-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

Cara

Eileenjm
05-12-2004, 10:22 AM
:clap: Danny this is wonderful although I do have to agree with the comments Carol and Marty made about some shadow on the railings. The colours and the composition are brilliant. As Terriv said it would make a beautiful greetings card. Lovely work Danny, keep them coming, can't wait to see more :D

Eileen

dannyd
05-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Thanks everyone. The strange thing is that my reference photo showed no shadow at all from the railing. Hard for me to tell exactly where the sun was. But, a little playing around wont hurt!
Thanks again for your comments.