PDA

View Full Version : From Portugal also

Studio224
09-13-2001, 10:02 AM
Lunching today at the Vasco da Gama mall in Lisbon, I only heard talks of the tragedy. People horrified, still having trouble believing in what they had seen on TV.

A girl at my table was relating a phone call of her brother in New York, saying that he was crying and repeating: people are dying, people are dying...

At work my colleagues are all profoundly in shock and concentrating on work is difficult.

Portuguese flags are down until saturday in sign of mourning and respect. At my son's school, school's flags are down too. Our authorities are saying that 60 portuguese are missing...

I lived in Paris, 15 years ago when there were a lot of terrorists bombings against shops and train, but what happened 2 days ago is terrorism on another scale, on a world scale.

I have been crying a lot, I feel so much pain for what happened. And I feel helpless. Although I think that we need to paint, we need to express ourselves, I haven't been able to do that myself.

I think of all the people that are not coming home, I think of all the kids that lost their parents and I cry. And I ask WHY?????

Anne-Claire

Leaflin
09-13-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Studio224
I have been crying a lot, I feel so much pain for what happened. And I feel helpless. Although I think that we need to paint, we need to express ourselves, I haven't been able to do that myself.

I think of all the people that are not coming home, I think of all the kids that lost their parents and I cry. And I ask WHY?????

Anne-Claire

((((((Anne-Claire))))))

leesmith
09-13-2001, 02:19 PM
Anne Claire,

My deepest sympathies to you for the loss of your country's people. The complete tragedy is yet untold and no doubt will extend to all parts of our world.

I too, would like to understand "why". It is obviously hate driven. Do these people not have a soul, conscience, or religious deity?

Studio224
09-13-2001, 05:29 PM
Thank you, it's hard for all of us...

Anne-Claire