PDA

View Full Version : Australia also Greives

wendee
09-13-2001, 01:26 AM
One Australian man from Sydney was on the first plane that hit the trade building..seconds brfore it hit he talked to his wife...

Another passanger a woman from Sydney was on the plane which hit the Pentagon...

85 Australians working in the trade building...are still missing....

more still not accounted for.....

My Prayers are for everyone who has lost a loved one...

Lulu
09-13-2001, 02:01 AM
So sorry to hear that Wendee.

Originally posted by wendee
My Prayers are for everyone who has lost a loved one...

Mine too.

dcheek
09-13-2001, 02:08 AM
Thank you!
This just goes to show that not only has America suffered, but so has the rest of the world. For not only were Americans the victims, but were all the countries of the world, whether they were business people, or turists. This is a tragedy, but America will continue, and that will be in part due to the support of people world wide. Thanks

Wendee - I posted this in Allan's thread, but it belongs here as well. Thank you, and God knows who all to include when we pray for all affected. Thanks again and so sorry to hear of the victims from Australia.

jenrou
09-13-2001, 02:10 AM
Sorry, Wendee. It is a small world, isn't it, these days. We tend to think inward about our own countries, but it touches everyone.:crying:

Leaflin
09-13-2001, 08:31 AM
It has touched the hearts and lives of people from all nations.

Gavinart
09-13-2001, 08:40 AM
I saw it happen. I am happy my family and I are alive. I live 20 blocks from the tragedy. They have sectioned off our area. I cannot get my car out to leave the city. One of the scariest weeks I have lived through.

leesmith
09-13-2001, 08:45 AM
Wendee,

It is sad indeed and my thoughts and prayers are for all those lost from your country in this tragedy of epic proportions that will reach into all the corners of the world once the dead are all found and accounted.

You know the WTC was open to tourists and God only knows how many from around the entire world died.

One of the flight attendants on one of the planes was a young woman from my home town.

After the Oklahoma bombing, a memorial was put together by the news correspondents. The name, age and a photo of each victim was shown about 5 at a time interspersed throughout the broadcast. We hear the numbers and it doesn't really sink in; but as I watched the names and photos, the list seemed to be endless...and there were only about 270 killed and many were infants and children.

I've wondered if many weeks or months from now, if the same will be done for all the victims of this terrorist attack.