PDA

View Full Version : Something Calming...

allanom
09-12-2001, 11:18 PM
Lake Ontario # 35, oil on canvas, 22" x 32".

Let go of the past, let go of the future, let go of the present,
and cross over to the farther shore of existence.
With mind wholly liberated,
you shall come no more to birth and death.

pampe
09-12-2001, 11:41 PM
Let go of the past, let go of the future, let go of the present, and cross over to the farther shore of existence. With mind wholly liberated, you shall come no more to birth and death.

yes, Allan, yes

and amen, namaste, shalom

Pam

Maria Gusta
09-13-2001, 02:11 AM
I am surprised at how much I liked this. Mostly blue, not a lot of colors, not much of a focal point - but it doesn't seem to need any other colors or focus-ers at all. I like the light on and through the water, the humidity of that sky.

Thank you.

allanom
09-13-2001, 09:21 AM
Peace to you, pampe. Breathe and be...

Maria: This is one from a series of 36 paintings I did a few years back -- all simple exploration of sky and water in the same configuration. To see some more examples from the series, go to

http://allanomarra.bizland.com/lakesuite.chtml

Gavinart
09-13-2001, 09:47 AM
Allan-

thank you for posting such a beautiful, serene scene. I wish my hometown were as serene and peaceful. It is like a warzone in my neighborhood.

ArtyHelen
09-13-2001, 10:26 AM
Calming indeed, and very beautiful, Allan.

Helen

YLCIA
09-13-2001, 11:08 AM
Allanom, thank you for posting. It is calm and peacefull.

Shalom.

Julia

jheinrich
09-13-2001, 03:00 PM
gorgeous.

STMHD.

j*

ejfarrae
09-13-2001, 03:08 PM
we have cried enough tears to fill oceans.
let these healing waters wash away our pain
and renew our spirits.

beautiful allanom.

ZOTMA
09-13-2001, 03:24 PM
Blue
fitting, calming, beautiful
thanks

allanom
09-13-2001, 04:02 PM
I'm very gratified that the painting I posted provides a measure of calm and peace to all who have viewed it.

And, as a Canadian, I would like to assure all of our American friends and compadres -- especially those in the war zone of NYC -- that we stand by you shoulder-to-shoulder at this time of tremendous pain and hardship. Your compassion, character and forebearance in the face of such unprecidented adversity is a model for the entire planet.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you all.

jerryW
09-14-2001, 02:42 AM
yes #2 too

diphascon
09-14-2001, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Maria Gusta
Mostly blue, not a lot of colors, not much of a focal point - but it doesn't seem to need any other colors or focus-ers at all.

As there isn't much trouble in the picture (calming, indeed), the "weak" focus (that for me is in the right half of that wave - not exactly at the golden point, but tricky anyway) is strong enough to give the eye what it needs.

servus

martin