PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day to those in the US

bnoonan
05-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Today is Mother's Day and I want to wish all of you a wonderful day and thank you for being Mom's. I'm lucky, my mom is still alive and we have a great relationship and I am surrounded by lots of friends who are moms. It's a lot of work (though never trying this myself) I can appreciate all that you do.

Well done and may the day be special for each and everyone of you.

Oh and my heart goes out to all those mom's who have lost their children in Iraq this year.

Barb

Dyin
05-09-2004, 01:13 PM
aww, this is nice, Barb...Happy Mother's Day all!

Khadres
05-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Yes, it is nice! Happy Mothers Day! I hope everyone here has a wonderful day and that you have your families around you to share it with!

Happy Mother's Day.

bogbeast
05-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Thank you, and the same to all you other mothers and mother-figures out there.

This is the first year I've been away from my son (age 24) on Mother's Day--half-way across the continent, in fact, and I'm impressed that he actually remembered. He sent me the sweetest long e-mail, telling me things that he appreciates having learned from me and our life together.

Given that he had to grow up in the midst of a disputed custody situation (his father tried for years to gain full custody, he couldn't stand having to share and has never forgiven me for having left) and very different homes, it means a lot to me. We stay in pretty close touch, all things considered, but I miss the banter and bad jokes we share when we hang out in the kitchen together! (sniff!)

Lib