PDA

View Full Version : Innocent

Vasili
05-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Here's one I posted in Acrylics the other day. Not 100% sure about the title of it yet.

As always, any comments are appreciated.

I'm so glad that they added this Marine Art section.
18 X 24
Canvas

laudesan
05-10-2004, 01:53 AM
I like the idea you have here, but I think the painting is a little too dark all over..;)

Marty C
05-10-2004, 04:19 AM
Hi Vasili,
You have beautiful rich colour in this and the midground yacht is very well rendered but I have to point out a few problems that I see in this.
Firstly, the sea is a beautiful blue and the sky is a very interesting gray, lots of movement and some nice highlights in there. However, rarely will you see a sea that colour blue with a gray sky, the sea after all basically reflecting the colour of the sky.
The main problem here is the foreground composition, particularly the red boat on the right and the jetty. The red of the boat immediately captures the eye, which then moves on to the jetty, and is taken down the edge of the work to a dead end. The colour and the shapes are almost irresistible in this case, the real focal point of the yacht hardly features. Also on the red boat is a white vertical mast which, if the eye rests on the boat for a moment, takes the viewer straight up and out of the painting. So the right side of the painting is pretty well working against the focal point. Cover the foreground and you will see that the whole focus changes and it then becomes a very nice piece with the yacht as the center of interest. Hope this helps.

Vasili
05-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks, Marty. I guess there's a lot of work to be done on this.