PDA

View Full Version : Wild Duck

Abu Haidar
09-12-2001, 09:12 PM
I'm not so satisfy with its upper-side feather and the water. Both of these made me work for days.. ugh !
Give me ur comments folks... Make my spirit floated to explore pastel technic

Wild Duck (taken from The Animal Kingdom vol 7). Derwent pencil pastel on 28 cm x 40 cm Winsor & Newton pastel paper..

Abu Haidar

Ohju
09-12-2001, 09:59 PM
Hi
I like your duck. I see some artists use green in the water,maybe that will help with the depth. There is too much black, and it's interfering with the subject. I don't know what color to use instead of black...so I hope someone could help you.
Good wave look on the water...I haven't tried water myself...so I don't know if it's ok.
:)

LornaM
09-17-2001, 10:06 AM
your duck is terrific ! i love derwent products, never tried their pastel pencils. you inspired me ! i donīt recall ever seeing a duck with a dark spot at the end of the beak. cool. i particularly like the eye...wonderful...

Abu Haidar
09-18-2001, 02:32 AM
Hi Lorna..

Thanks...unfortunately I don't have its real photo scanned.
I have been trying to work with Derwent Pastel Pencil since the first time I did my pastel drawing. This Derwent's product is hard pastel. I love it.... but it's still so hard.

:D

dollardays
09-23-2001, 10:36 PM
Hi Abu,

I like your duck! The bright blue of the water does distract your eye from it a bit, though. Maybe if you toned down the water with it's complementary color- orange?

Just a thought. The reflections and movement of the water are great.

Nora

Abu Haidar
09-24-2001, 05:00 AM
Nora,

Thanks for your quote...
Hmmm I am really .. really.., love this forum.
I think u r correct...

Thanks a bunch

Abu Haidar :D