PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Society of New Mexico National Show

Deborah Secor
05-08-2004, 03:39 PM
The Pastel Society of New Mexico is hosting their thirteenth annual National Pastel Painting Exhibition from November 5-21. The prospectus is available now and I want to encourage you to submit paintings to the show this year! This has always been a show that sold pretty well, since it runs concurrent to several art fairs that attract many people to the location on the state fairgrounds.

Slide entries are due on August 20th so you still have time to paint and shoot slides! Go to PSNM web page (http://www.swcp.com/psnm/)

The cost to enter for PSNM members: $15 for one slide, $20 for two, $25 for three. Non members: $30 for up to three slides. The yearly dues are $25, if you want to join. The shipping agent only costs you $25 per piece (which is fairly cheap, I think) if you want to send your work to the show.

Henry Isaacs (yay!ólove his work), Duane Wakeham (yay!ólove his work too!) and Skip Whitcomb are going to be the jurors and Richard McKinley is the judge this year.

There are over $6000 in awards given too.

If you have any other questions let me know. Hope to see a lot of paintings 'in person' at this show!!

Deborah

Kathryn Wilson
05-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks Dee! This sounds like a fun show to enter - can you tell us what it takes to join the Society?

See, getting back into the groove again - :D

Deborah Secor
05-08-2004, 04:26 PM
There's no qualification for membership other than an interest in pastels. The cost per year is $25 and you get a little newsletter that will tell you about upcoming shows they're doing. For instance, they're putting on a show for 'emerging' artists next month at a local country club. That's defined as an artist who isn't showing in galleries and has not been accepted to the national. Sounds like a good way to get people to frame and price things--and maybe sell a few too!

Deborah

Dyin
05-08-2004, 06:57 PM
oilies allowed?

bnoonan
05-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Thanks Dee - I'll check it out as well. I just got a catalogue in the mail today of the August gathering of artists and it looks fabulous.

How many members with PSNM? Do you know off hand?

Barb

Deborah Secor
05-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Nope, no oil pastels...sorry Sue! The requirement is 80% soft pastels, so you can mix media.

I don't know how many belong now, Kat. It's a fairly large, active group. I was the founder but I'm not too involved any more--well, I should say I'm not involved. Just a member... I did my six years and then 'retired.' It's managed by a great group of devoted souls, however, and seems to be quite vital. Nice people...

Deborah

MChesleyJohnson
05-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Another dang show to enter! ;)

Marc Hanson
05-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Deborah,
I've searched the web site but I can't find any info on the '04 show. Do we need to send them a SASE for the prospectus? Thanks.

Marc Hanson
05-09-2004, 10:42 PM
bump up before it disappears.

Jolanta
05-09-2004, 11:45 PM
I am looking and looking and find a lot of good stuff there but nothing about this particular competition. Who do I contact about prospectus - please help.
Thanks
Jolanta

pjo
05-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Hi, the site is

www.swcp.com/psnm/

there should be info there regarding the show, if not you can email for a prospectus. Let me know if you get through.

Deborah Secor
05-11-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm seeking the information for you and will post it here as soon as I know... You may have to request it via snail mail, but if it's going to be posted on their site I'll let you know.

Deborah

Jolanta
05-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks for help,
I emailed them telling I cannot find any information about this exhibition on their website and asked who do I contact about prospectus. I hope I will get reply.
Jolanta

Marc Hanson
05-14-2004, 10:10 PM
The prospectus is online now.
http://www.swcp.com/psnm/