PDA

View Full Version : "rule the kingdom" 29x22 in. (74x56 cm), oil on paper

AmyH
09-12-2001, 07:24 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil:

AmyH
09-12-2001, 07:40 PM
the dithering that goes on when uploading to this site is atroscious. the jpegs are crystal clear on my computer and at another site, why the excess compression when I upload? that is the cause as I see it. some sites mess with your jpegs when you upload them for some unknown reason. sad for an art site to do it.

colorme
09-12-2001, 07:48 PM
hi:)

this looks great, i don't see anything wrong with your jpeg image, anyhoo..I love this painting, and i like the texture of the crown [the shinyness (sp) is very cool:cool:]. Hey are you ever coming back to the abst./contemp. forum?

AmyH
09-12-2001, 07:52 PM
well now you didnt see the originals ;). anyhow I realize now I forgot to resize number one so that is too high res oops, fix away mods. go here to see how they look before wc gets done with em colorme, and thanks for your always taking the time to look and reply to my work. :)

http://communities.msn.com/foundbird/morenewstuff.msnw?Page=1

amy

ZOTMA
09-12-2001, 10:23 PM
Queen of consternation
upturned crown against trees or bulging bloodshot eyes
compositionally you're sucked into that stare and then held captive there by the crown and limb barbed wire
precarious, prick
like it

arourapope
09-12-2001, 10:36 PM
Lady Sovereigny is NOT happy! Very cool Amy! I agree. The reflections on the Crown are terrific! So is her forehead.
Aurora
BTW, I appreciate the detail on the eye. Reveals a bit more of your technigue. Thanks!;)

Nathan Reed
09-13-2001, 12:55 AM
Sometimes you just have to ask, "What the hell?"

Your work is outstanding.

David Acres
09-13-2001, 11:45 AM
This rocks Amy!:) Anything u want to swap for this, just mail me!:)

jheinrich
09-13-2001, 03:05 PM
amy:

my webmaster told me that everytime a jpg is opened, it deteriorates ... he advised me to save all my images in bmp until I need them smaller for some reason ... in order to maintain image quality.

Perhaps that is why the .jpgs here look different?

Upside down crown is poignant ... absolute power corrupts absolutely; even on hte inside, eh?

I should remember that myself.

j*

AmyH
09-13-2001, 04:40 PM
thanks all.

j, I dont think that is correct; re the jpegs. I open the ones up on my computer all the time, to make flyers and cards, and they still look the same. Also, the ones I posted at the MSN site were posted after these, that would mean they improved after I opened them to place them there. :eek:

amy

Totem
09-13-2001, 05:20 PM
Only when you resave a JPEG image and the compression is reapplied does it deteriorate. But by just opening a picture and closing it does not effect the image quality.

But most people wouldn't be able to detect the changes with the naked eye unless the picture was taken at a bad resolution to start with.

Hope this helps,

Totem

P.S. I almost forgot, I love this painting. Cold hard stare. Intensity.