PDA

View Full Version : WIP - No title yet.

Vasili
05-08-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm pretty close to finishing this. I used a fairly limited palette for it.

Titanium White
Carbon Black
Raw Sienna
Burnt Umber
Raw Umber
Cadmium Red
Naples Yellow
Primary Cyan
a little Pthalo Green

I'll post an updated picture of it later, sometime.

Any cdomments are appreciated.

18 X 24
canvas
Acrylics

Eugene Veszely
05-08-2004, 11:45 AM
Looks good so far...I like the limited palette...show us when it is done :)

Vasili
05-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Looks good so far...I like the limited palette...show us when it is done :)

Thanks!

I got a little further and it's almost done. Still don't have a name for it yet.....
I'm taking suggestions.

ExpressiveAngie
05-08-2004, 02:15 PM
*Blue Yonder*

Vasili
05-09-2004, 10:44 AM
*Blue Yonder*

Thanks, I'll take it under consideration. I'm also considering using the name of the boat that is along the pier. Innocent

Here's a more finalized version....I sank the man in his little row boat, along with his monkeys, to the bottom of the sea.

Eugene Veszely
05-09-2004, 11:04 AM
I think it does look better without that small boat. :)

Margie L
05-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Much better without the little row boat. I really like the sail boat and the waves and clouds around that. It certainly is the center of attention. I am not so sure about the little people on the dock or the other boat. The long line of the wave would be interesting if it was broken up a bit. But for all these nits, I really like the sailboat and it's surroundings. :)

artistodon
05-11-2004, 02:29 AM
Thanks for sharing this as a wip. I really like what you have done with it. It gives me a sense of peace and power at the same time. Maybe "Dark Innocense" for a title.
Don :)

Vasili
05-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks for sharing this as a wip. I really like what you have done with it. It gives me a sense of peace and power at the same time. Maybe "Dark Innocense" for a title.
Don :)
Good title. That'll be another one I'll consider, thanks.

1chameleon - It sounds like that's the general consensus.

mimaL - Thanks, two of the little people are dancing some sort of Cajun dance to the banjo/fiddle duo's tune. (I know it's small, I suppose I could upload a close up, sometime) There's a girl in a red dress, with long legs, sneaking off the boat, whilst the man on the red boat, in the doorway is answering a cellphone call from his wife. It's convoluted, but what isn't these day? LOL!

What's scary is I am considering on adding more little "scenes" to it.