PDA

View Full Version : Question re dog portrait artist

Katherine J
05-07-2004, 06:09 PM
For the life of me I can't recall the name of the WC pastel artist who seems to specialize in dog portraits. Can someone out there help me? I want to go an look at her/his (see, can't even remember that!) paintings in detail.

Thanks,
Katherine

Dark_Shades
05-07-2004, 07:11 PM
the only one I can think of is K9artist

Artistammy
05-07-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm Artistammy & I've done some. I know there are some more but can't think of names right now. My family is hollering that the take-0ut is here. I think they're hungry. lol

Artistammy
05-07-2004, 09:06 PM
I did a search & looked in the MiniCruft's dog show thread. Dark Shades, E-J, Dyin,Dee Artist, Christmascarolnz, & Brian Barton all do dog portraits too. There may be some more. I hope you find who you're looking for.

Katherine J
05-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks Dawn and Tammy. I'm working on a dog portrait right now and it really helps to research others who do dogs regularly. I'm wondering about backgrounds. Wish I had a digital so I could show you right now, but soon! I made a little boo-boo on the dog and put in some blue as a possible backgound, but if I hadn't had to make that correction, I could have just left the paper colour as background. Darn.

Katherine

rd2ruin
05-08-2004, 02:57 AM
You can also try the CP forum. RobinZ (http://robinzebley.wetcanvas.com/) might have some ideas, although I'm sure there are others over there or the Animal & Wildlife forum that can offer suggestions.

Cheers!
- Greg

Katherine J
05-08-2004, 03:09 AM
Thanks to you too, Greg.

Katherine