PDA

View Full Version : First painting

Cassiepeia
05-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Actually I suppose it's my second "try" at painting but first one that actually looks like something. *sigh* Not happy with it, but everything takes practice, right? The ref. photo was from last weeks WDE...the Chow Chow called Boots. The scan (I don't have a dig. camera and it wouldn't fit on the scanner in one go, you can see the join line a bit) looks kind of weird as I'm sitting here looking at the real thing in comparison, just the colours I mean. The scans colours are sort of brighter and yellower and there's green where there actually isn't any... Umm.. anyhoo. I'm going to go over it a bit more before I leave it be, just so it's not so yellow and so I ground him a bit more.
Geez, I just realized I'm giving this a really hard time, I don't mean to.
Anyway, here it is... all help appreciated from you most talented folks. :D (Hmmm...I suppose, STOP WHINGING will be the first advice I get. ROFL :rolleyes: :p), I'm not really that upset with it, just kinda nervous about showing anyone.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2004/22279-chow3.jpg

Cass. :cat:

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot...I think the size is 19cm x 30cm, on canvas board.

Lady Carol
05-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Don't be nervous. Actually the first is the hardest. We have all experienced this insecurity.

What a cutie. He could do with a couple of more highlights and a signature.

Good job!!! :clap: :clap:

paintedhorses
05-07-2004, 11:22 PM
I agree, don't be nervous about posting! This is a charming image of the dog :D

I agree a few more highlights (and darks here and there) would be good.

Looking forward to more of your work!

Jeri

ExpressiveAngie
05-08-2004, 09:28 AM
aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
I agree with what has already been said.
Keep painting!