PDA

View Full Version : siesta

guilliame
05-07-2004, 09:31 AM
For want of a better title,grandma and cat snoozing on the porch seemed too long :D anyway i was attracted to this for the light and the shadows of the leaves in the window panes in the door plus the figure of course,another people pic,soft pastel size 8x11 inches,got no fix left so will have to be careful not to smudge what i have done so far :)

Dyin
05-07-2004, 10:36 AM
wow, Guilli, this is an interesting story piece, can't believe you got all that in so small. I think maybe it could use a crop at the top..get rid of the white roof. That blue would be a good eyestopper, right now the eye travels up and stays there. I think you did a great job on this so far, love how the light bounces around. :clap:

Stoy Jones
05-07-2004, 11:43 AM
I too like the light in this..looks like a warm dry heat, good for a lazy day snooze. Your attraction to that light really shows here as you did such a great job rendering it. Excellent!

Stoy

Dark_Shades
05-07-2004, 12:54 PM
ohhhh this is coming along great Guilly ..... love it ...... the cat seems to have got the better deal though lol .... I do like your people pics :) .... the only thing I did notice, which she could well have... but she looks like she only has one leg :eek: :)
.... especially love the brick work and lights

sundiver
05-08-2004, 12:09 AM
I love the meters, the shadows and light, the atmosphere, ...and pretty much everything else too!

bogbeast
05-08-2004, 01:34 AM
Oh, this is lovely, so interesting and still with that peaceful, snoozy feel!

I agree with Dyin, a little crop at the top might help bring the focus more firmly onto your subject. Also, are you planning to deepen the contrast some, or is that just my monitor? I had some difficulty finding the cat at first!

Khadres
05-08-2004, 09:38 AM
I had trouble locating the feline, as well, but I guess it doesn't matter that much if the light was your main interest. I think intensifying the shadow areas a bit would add more dimension, too. I marvel at your rendering of the brick wall, etc. Very convincing without being stiff or "griddy" looking.

Nice painting!