PDA

View Full Version : Deepest Sympathies

artdude
09-12-2001, 09:02 AM
I would like to offer my deepest sympathies and prayers to all the families affected by this meaningless act of terrorism in the USA. :crying: Wishing all the survivors a speedy recovery.

Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Leaflin
09-12-2001, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by artdude
I would like to offer my deepest sympathies and prayers to all the families affected by this meaningless act of terrorism in the USA. :crying: Wishing all the survivors a speedy recovery.

Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Prayers for our nation.

leesmith
09-12-2001, 08:48 PM
One of the flight attendants was a young woman age 34 from Greensboro, North Carolina. Only 3 or 4 names have been released of those that died in the buildings. Prayers for all these families affected by this tragedy.

Bruce Newman
09-12-2001, 08:49 PM
I've been sitting in front of the TV for two days now and I am just shocked by this senseless devastation. Nothing more to add except that I am extremely saddened by this and I feel for all who are directly or indirectly involved.

Bruce

impetuous
09-12-2001, 10:17 PM
disbelief, horror and a very heavy heart.

fezfemart
09-13-2001, 01:50 AM
I am an artist who paints from my emotions. However since this terrible thing has happened my creativeness is numb with the horror and sadness of it all. Even though we are far far away, so many people here have sons, daughters or at least someone who has had this affect them personally...my framer - a lovely man who is from America is devastated and cannot work without thinking of his homeland.
Please think about an international internet, online art exhibition where we all send in images protesting about the carnage and stupidity of all that has to do with terrorism...what do you think? Perhaps someone that runs the
this site can think of something? Other than that - please contact me via my webwage http://members.iinet.net.au/~fez/art.html or just express an interest in participating in such an event - and email me on fez@iinet.net.au - and /or leave a message here.

After all...drawing and visual images might impress on peoples minds other than words...think about it.

all the best. my thoughts, gentle vibes and shared sorrow encase you all
julie

jenrou
09-13-2001, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by grrromit
I've been sitting in front of the TV for two days now and I am just shocked by this senseless devastation. Nothing more to add except that I am extremely saddened by this and I feel for all who are directly or indirectly involved.

Bruce

Same here, Bruce and everyone. Except I am very angry now!
I sincerely pray for our leaders to do what is necessary and right.

paintfool
09-13-2001, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by fezfemart

Please think about an international internet, online art exhibition where we all send in images protesting about the carnage and stupidity of all that has to do with terrorism...what do you think?
I think it's a wonderful idea Julie. There is a thread already started you may want to view:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18764
Maybe you'd want to post your idea there?
Cheryl

summer-rain
09-13-2001, 05:34 AM
:( hi everyone,

I have been sitting in front of the tv now for at least 3 days now watching the turmoil of the senseless devestation. I also seen a section in which there were people celebrating the carnage.
I have watched the tv from the very beginning on tuesday night ( aussie time) from about 11.30pm I stayed awake till 6 am when my eyes said I had enough . I woke again on my lounge at 9.05am Wednesday morning and was suppose to be at art at 9 am. Again I was glued to my TV to the point it was depressing me. I went to art and everyone was the same, we could not function we all felt as though a great big hole had been ripped through our stomachs where our heart used to be. I did no art that day as it was useless. I had no interest in doing the artwork instead my mind was drifting to the states and wondering what had been happening since I had left my tv alone. I forgot to tell you, as I was driving into the parking lot to attend art, A local supermarket had evacuated the building due to a chemical spill. I thought it was abomb threat. that was till the local super snoop aka wendee found out different. I know what it is like tolose someone suddenly. my heart and my prayers go out to you not only as people caught up in this horrific situation but to the nation as a whole. everyone is affected by this, I pray that a peaceful solution is gained so as not to create more sadness for loved ones ...... XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for you all :rolleyes:

ptantono
09-13-2001, 10:57 AM
:crying: I am so sad but also angry. I saw from the newspaper how they celebrate the carnage with their children. They must be very sick people. How could they teach their children in such way ? Where are their heart ? If you only there are more love than hate, this world would be more peaceful.

Grief and prayer from Indonesia. I also pray for peaceful solution, a war would only bring more grief. :crying:

Patricia