PDA

View Full Version : Angel...

angel rose
05-07-2004, 12:05 AM
OK this is not great, but its my first try. I dont usually paint, especially not just from my mind and not copying a picture. But i think shes pretty...and i am really happy w/ the wings they look all FEATHERY!!! hehe :angel:

artistodon
05-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Hi Angel,
Very nice first painting. I do like the wings too. Nice composition. I like the way you have positioned the hand. It is really hard to draw or paint without a reference. Our brain tries to fool us into painting or drawing what we think we see rather that what we actually do see. Take another look at the eyes of your angel and then look in the mirror or at a photo and see the difference as far as the shape is concerned.
Don :)

surreal
05-07-2004, 10:10 AM
OK this is not great, but its my first try. I dont usually paint, especially not just from my mind and not copying a picture. But i think shes pretty...and i am really happy w/ the wings they look all FEATHERY!!! hehe :angel:
Yes, she is very pretty.
:)

Nice work!
:D

HRH Goldie
05-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Nice first painting - you obviously like angels right? :angel: :)
I love angels and fairies but haven't attempted to paint any just yet.
Its very hard to paint from imagination and is much better to paint, even if its a simple thing with either the object or picture in front of you.
I haven't been here all that long but there are thousands of images on WC for you to have a go at. Some are too hard for me to try but some I have been able to tackle. I found especially useful at the start is the ability at the bottom of each image to convert it to a line drawing. I have in the past printed off both a line drawing and the photo and it really helps in setting out the pic on the paper.
I hope you enjoyed painting with acrylics and I hope it is the start of many more. Like me you will be come addicted to it - not a bad thing to get addicted to is it? :p
Out of curiosity what is a creative realist?? Or am I just stupid? :o
Hope to see many more paintings from you in the future.
Christine

angel rose
05-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Out of curiosity what is a creative realist??
A creative realist is what i used to concider myself. like i am really creative at times but at the same time i'm not completely "right brained" as my art teacher loves to say. so i'm realistic about things but also kinda out there...i know it probably doesnt make much sense but YA know...thats me :clap:

And thank you to everyone else who replied to my picture. I know the eyes are a lil off but the only thin paint brush i have isnt very strong...so i was having to be careful w/ it so it wouldnt go where i didnt want it.

HRH Goldie
05-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Ah! Now I know what you mean ;)
Christine

ExpressiveAngie
05-08-2004, 09:08 AM
I like the way she (as in her features) is exaggerated - I think it is fitting for the almost pop look of her. Keep Painting and showing us.

angel rose
05-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Thank you again, I am really proud of her i cant stop looking at her and i dont really find the flaws...usualy when i draw or paint something i like it when i first finish, but then i go back and look at it and its like "ewww good lord how AWFUL!" lol no no not that bad but close. and i really wish my scanner was larger because in this picture you cant see as much of her hand, her left arm or her left wing. i know that seems strange that those are parts i wish you could see but ya know..."meh"