PDA

View Full Version : free world violated

henrik
09-12-2001, 05:08 AM
Here in Sweden there are feelings of being violated and sadness. This is not just an attack on America, it is an attack on eveyone in the free world. Crisis centeres are being set up here for people in chock over the events.

This is not just loss of lifes, but a symbolic act of such unprecendented proportions that I wonder if it will be possible to feel safe again.

We are all vicitmized, and I pray (in my own way) for humanity.
God bless you.

Studio224
09-12-2001, 05:14 AM
Henrik, my thoughts exactly, this is was i was writing in another thread:

This is a tragedy for all the world. There were people from all over the world working in these towers. I have seen list of some of the people who worked there and you can see names from everywhere: americans, spanish, french, portuguese, spanish, brazilians, indians etc...

The attack was in the United States but it's humanity that has been attacked.

I learned that a friend of mine from Pittsburgh has given birth yesterday to a baby boy... For me this is a sign of hope, a sign that humanity is stronger then anything.

Anne-Claire

MissMouse
09-12-2001, 08:54 AM
True this will have impact all over the word. Evil people have no ties to anything but self. Note that the main perpetrator of this Godless act is hiding safely someplace while others carried out his/her acts of hatred. Our president said " they can bend the steal of buildings but they can not bend the steal of the American people. I agree but have to add they will not bend the steal of people world wide to conquer the evil one.

Sandi
09-12-2001, 12:31 PM
(((((((((((((((((Henrik)))))))))))))))))) Thank you! Your post is very comforting! Between you and Lori, (& many othes I have yet to read, who are showering us with comfort,), we shall overcome!!!
Thank you.

jenrou
09-12-2001, 02:55 PM
Thank you Henrik! It means a lot to us to know we have friends across the world. As someone mentioned, people from every country live here, and are hurt by this attack. I can't find the words,,,,just want you to know you are appreciated.

Leaflin
09-12-2001, 06:10 PM
We are a nation of many, many nations.
Thank you Henrik.

henrik
09-12-2001, 06:25 PM
Thought I should share this with you; this morning in the Stockholm subway there were people openly crying over what they were reading/seeing in the morning papers.