PDA

View Full Version : sympathy from Polish people

digital
09-12-2001, 03:04 AM
Words of sympathy for you, Americans...Here in Poland, we are all completely shocked and solidarize with innocents.

paintfool
09-12-2001, 03:55 AM
Thank you Digital. I'm taking this time to answer to posts from other countires because i think it's important to let you know how much we value your thoughts. And we very much appreciate your caring for us in this way. Times like this make for a lot of anger and despair. It's very reassuring to know that we are not alone in our pain. It's not an attack on America but rather an attack on civilization as a whole. While i pray that your people never again know this type of pain, i will always remember your kindness and would gladly provide you the same support and hand of freindship, should you need it. Thank you so much.....
Cheryl

Maria Gusta
09-12-2001, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by paintfool
Thank you Digital. I'm taking this time to answer to posts from other countires because i think it's important to let you know how much we value your thoughts. And we very much appreciate your caring for us in this way. Times like this make for a lot of anger and despair. It's very reassuring to know that we are not alone in our pain. It's not an attack on America but rather an attack on civilization as a whole. While i pray that your people never again know this type of pain, i will always remember your kindness and would gladly provide you the same support and hand of freindship, should you need it. Thank you so much.....
Cheryl

Cheryl really does say what a lot of us feel; thank you.

jheinrich
09-12-2001, 10:25 AM
someone is another post said this is not just an attack on the us, but an attack on the world.

I don't see nationalism as a positive, we should be thinking of ourselves as a world of people ... which is the literal truth. The lines we carve of this earthy flesh are nothing more than prejudices in my opinion. Money and banks are not a good enough reason to keep us all separated.

So many my age (25) have said "I finally feel patriotic, my people were hurt"; this sentiment breaks my heart, too. As if it were acceptable to just not care about the holocaust and terrorism that has been plaguing the world before America was hurt.

It calls to mind the old adage(paraphrased): when they came for the blacks, I was not black, so I turned my back; when they came for the jewish, I was not jewish so turned my back; when they came for the asians, I was not asian so I turned my back; and when they came for me, there was no one left to protect me.

the world's people are my people, and my heart and love goes across the globe today.

j*

leesmith
09-12-2001, 10:53 AM
I have always thought of our country as a "good guy" extending a helping hand to those in need from other countries. Our Statue of Liberty is a testimony to that. "Give me your tired, your poor, your hungry masses yearning to breathe free. . ." Forgive me if I butchered that quote, I believe it is "huddled" masses. That is what America has always stood for; it is the foundation of this country.

It was soul wrenching yesterday for me to realize we are despised as a nation and peoples. I was unable to shed a tear yesterday, they would not come. A heavy weight settled over me and I am sure many felt the same.

The tears didn't come until I watched the morning news, seeing the support being shown by other nations, people overseas giving blood to be sent to NY, shrines of flowers, momentos; all of this was uplifting to my spirit, and so it is with deep appreciation that I read your comments, Digital.

jenrou
09-12-2001, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by leesmith
I have always thought of our country as a "good guy" extending a helping hand to those in need from other countries. Our Statue of Liberty is a testimony to that. "Give me your tired, your poor, your hungry masses yearning to breathe free. . ." Forgive me if I butchered that quote, I believe it is "huddled" masses. That is what America has always stood for; it is the foundation of this country.

It was soul wrenching yesterday for me to realize we are despised as a nation and peoples. I was unable to shed a tear yesterday, they would not come. A heavy weight settled over me and I am sure many felt the same.

The tears didn't come until I watched the morning news, seeing the support being shown by other nations, people overseas giving blood to be sent to NY, shrines of flowers, momentos; all of this was uplifting to my spirit, and so it is with deep appreciation that I read your comments, Digital.

I could not say it better than Leesmith or paintfool. Thank you. Since I've been living here in here Eastern part of the US, I see that there are people from every place on the globe living here, so although American soil and hearts have been violated, this affects people from everywhere.
It is a nightmare, but American's and people everywhere, are strong, and I believe good will prevail.
Think of the story of the three men on the Pittsburg plane crash who decided to keep the plane from killing even more than those on board.
Thank you again. It helps.

Leaflin
09-12-2001, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by paintfool
It's very reassuring to know that we are not alone in our pain. It's not an attack on America but rather an attack on civilization as a whole. Thank you so much.....
Cheryl

Thank you Digi