PDA

View Full Version : Wind On The water

Wayne Gaudon
05-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Being as I voted for a Marine forum I thought I would give a shot to producing something to post here. I used a photo for reference but I don't try to paint a photo or for that matter realism .. I try to paint the spirit of the matter or sometimes just the simplist form I can get away with.

C & C welcome.

thank you,

Marty C
05-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Hi Wayne,
A deceptively simple but very effective composition, the dark foreground rock pointing the way up the beach and then the beach leading the eye almost out of the work before curving around and leading to the distant headland. It is interesting that you have more movement in the sky than in the water, the reverse of the norm, an intruiging and successful device as it draws the eye up and down between sea and sky.

shrinkinviolet
05-06-2004, 09:51 PM
I really like that action going on in the clouds. This is nice.
Judy

artistodon
05-07-2004, 02:16 AM
This is a wonderful piece. I love all the action and contrasts. I especially like the composition movement and your choice of color. Nothing to critique that I can see. Very well done.
Don :)

laudesan
05-07-2004, 03:12 AM
Hi Wayne,
A deceptively simple but very effective composition, the dark foreground rock pointing the way up the beach and then the beach leading the eye almost out of the work before curving around and leading to the distant headland. It is interesting that you have more movement in the sky than in the water, the reverse of the norm, an intruiging and successful device as it draws the eye up and down between sea and sky.

What Marty said^^^ :)

Wayne Gaudon
05-08-2004, 06:13 AM
thank you all very much ..

PETERH
05-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Wayne, this is great! Nice palette, interesting clouds, pleasing to the eye.

I appreciate your desire to steer away from realism.

We're on the same wavelength!

Wayne Gaudon
05-11-2004, 04:41 AM
thank you Peter ..

Later,