PDA

View Full Version : Dear Americans

TeAnne
09-11-2001, 10:13 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I have been watching with horror at the news since last night. I'm so sorry you are going through this horrible thing. I wish there was something I could do. Prayers are all I have. God Bless you all.

MissMouse
09-11-2001, 10:16 PM
Thank you Te" prayers are good, there are many people in our communitiys that will need them.

paintfool
09-11-2001, 11:16 PM
(((T)))

wendee
09-11-2001, 11:25 PM
All of us Australians woke up this morning with the hORROR that has happened in the U.S...words cannot describe how I feel.....so many lives lost....so much heart break....how can anyone do this to another human being is beyond me....
All my prayes are with you all...but especially to all the people who lost there lives and there families and friends
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[AMERICA]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

leesmith
09-11-2001, 11:47 PM
The US has suffered today the worst tragedy on our soil since the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for our country. The dead will be many and no doubt will extend down here over the new few weeks. It was reported that as many as 50,000 people worked in the 7 buildings that comprised the World Trade Center. Three buildings have collapsed and a 4th is sure to fall.

Here in Greensboro, we are reeling in shock. I live within 5 minutes of an international airport which is shut down tight. Businesses closed today and churches opened for prayers. It was frightening as this tragedy unfolded this morning. It will be ongoing and I believe that Americans will demand an accounting from our government for their failure to protect us. This should never have happened!

jenrou
09-12-2001, 12:12 AM
Thank you, our friends everywhere. I still don't know if my son's best friends in NY are ok. It is heartbreaking, the people on the planes knowing they were dying and calling their families. All of it.

I have felt like anything could happen all day. living so close to DC and all the Federal departments, an International airport nearby, etc. Only thirty minutes flying time from here to DC.

I stopped flying after all the threats a few years ago, but many of these people were at work, which is supposed to be safe.
I'm rambling, shocked.....

Rich Williams
09-12-2001, 12:44 AM
I wish to express my sympathy to any one on this board who knew someone or is related to someone who suffered any injury or loss of life as a result of the events that unfolded in New York of Washington today. My heart is heavy for your loss or suffering. I live where something like this is unlikely to happen but still recognize your suffering as in my life have witnessed the effects that a loss of a loved one can cause upon a family.
Rich Williams

Pilan
09-12-2001, 01:04 AM
:crying:

what gut wrenching tragedy in our home.

Pilan

Lulu
09-12-2001, 01:31 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all too and will continue to be so. It has been very hard to go about my 'normal' day with this devastation in mind. Our little nation cares very deeply about you all, and there have been church services all around the country today praying for your people. Our tv channels have suspended all normal programmes to give us continual coverage of the tragedy.
Sad to say, no country can be complacent any more against these senseless and cowardly acts of terrorism. We might think we are safe and far removed but we are not - it can happen anywhere.
May you all find some measure of comfort and peace amidst the tragedy and confusion.

Mayet Ankh
09-12-2001, 02:05 AM
Thinking of you all at this terrible time. Such a horrific act of violence. So many fatalities, heartache and anguish caused to innocent people.
Mayet

billyg
09-12-2001, 02:11 AM
Everyone but everyone I have met and talked to today has condemmed this act of terrorism and wish for the perpetrators to be brought to justice. Everyone must though be absolutely sure of the facts before the finger is pointed. New Zealnd sends its condolences to those families who have lost loved ones today.
Billyg :-((

Studio224
09-12-2001, 04:08 AM
This is a tragedy for all the world. There were people from all over the world working in these towers. I have seen list of some of the people who worked there and you can see names from everywhere: americans, spanish, french, portuguese, spanish, brazilians, indians etc...

The attack was in the United States but it's humanity that has been attacked.

I learned that a friend of mine from Pittsburgh has given birth yesterday to a baby boy... For me this is a sign of hope, a sign that humanity is stronger then anything.

Anne-Claire

sooty
09-12-2001, 08:41 AM
i join with all australians and people worldwide in thoughts and prayers for our friends in america ...i just cant put it into words....there must be so much heartache and sorrow....

arlene
09-12-2001, 09:04 AM
When you all take a moment to give your prayers...also look at how within such barbarism humanity shows its face...

the blood donations...the prayers...the caring of this small community...hearing the care of our friends across the world, will do much to help us here in the U.S. heal...it's wonderful knowing we have friends.

ReNae
09-12-2001, 11:12 AM
It is so enlightening to see all of our WC'ers from across the globe showing their concerns, angers, prayers and hopes for the tragedies that were bestowed on fellow Americans.

I have friends whose husbands were in the city, fortunately they are accounted for....my heart goes out to those who aren't.

I live near an airport about two towns over that have established a military presence there, it is a small airport nonetheless. Every so often you can see and hear the military copters fly overhead. It is such an eerie feeling. But I am thankful that the military is showing its presence.

I had to assure my daughter that we are safe even though you feel violated and stripped of security.

I've signed up to give blood, they are to call me in 48 hours. To anyone in the area, if you have the time, please call your local Red Cross Chapter.

I am rambling.....

~ReNae

leesmith
09-12-2001, 11:12 AM
As an American, I thank all of you for your prayers, thoughts and support.

And yes, this was a blow to all humankind. America is a country of many races; that is what we Americans are; the blood of many course through our veins. To be called an American encompasses all. The names of our dead will reveal that.

Leaflin
09-12-2001, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by leesmith
this was a blow to all humankind. America is a country of many races; that is what we Americans are; the blood of many course through our veins. To be called an American encompasses all. The names of our dead will reveal that.

How ture.

I have never felt such sadness.
Thanks TeAnne

TeAnne
09-13-2001, 07:16 PM
I commend your courage. God Bless you all.

Katee
09-13-2001, 07:38 PM
Prayers and support are sent from the UK, we are all stunned, shocked and disgusted by this senseless act of terrorism.

At the hospital I work in, the chaplains have today delivered a message to all wards for staff, patients and their relatives, they are arranging a 2 hour 'drop in' prayer session in the hospital chapel tomorrow.

The whole of the UK will be having a 3 minute silence at 11am tomorrow, and we will be joining in with it on my ward. I work with the elderly, most of them over the age of 80yrs old, and they have been expressing their disbelief and horror of the events to me, even those who are a little confused seem to have grasped something of what has happened, they will be thinking about you all.

I just hope the US government gets the evidence it needs, and manages to stop them/him ever doing this again.

Take care

Karen :crying:

'mans inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn'

yogi
09-14-2001, 12:29 AM
Deepest condolences to everyone all over the world who is effected by such heartless barbarism.