PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Times Square

djstar
09-11-2001, 09:13 PM
Raw data. I am too tired to edit or talk about it, but the last page of my travels just got uploaded.
9/11 (http://communities.msn.com/TravelswithDebra/911.msnw)
We went through Times Square. No cars. NO sounds. We could talk at a whisper. No people.
Although we actually could see the billows of golden smoke in the low sun, the buildings were the same. The town was NOT.
We could stand in the MIDDLE of Broadway. Cross against the light.
I got the words on the moving sign.
I got to be in history. Not the one where the sailor kisses the girl, but the moment is equally etched!
Looks like I get to stay online another 24 hours. Still mostly stuck. Harder work to try to get out than sit quietly here.
The computer is a god-send. I feel good talking to you all but not clogging up communication for more important things.
more to come no doubt.
dj*

Yax
09-11-2001, 10:05 PM
Hello djstar, I think the nation feels as empty as you must in New York City. My home is on a little island in the middle of the Pacific ocean, but the tragedy of the events is written in the eyes of everyone I see. At first I felt numb; now I feel anger. Without a doubt, those terrorist acts will change our lives from now on. Yax

dcheek
09-11-2001, 11:43 PM
It's wierd, I do not know you, but have followed the thread of your travels, and yet I was more worried of you and your group than the people I know working in the Pentagon. I was able to see from the news where at the pentagon and know my friends were on the other side of the building and so were probably safe. The former military in me know the risks of the work, but I as them, we worry for the innocents. Sorry you have the disrruption of your travels, but glad your safe. All of those affected are in my prayers, your group included. Safe travels from here on out.

sandge
09-11-2001, 11:56 PM
Amazing pictures, dj. Unbelievable and eerie.

So relieved you're safe.

rsmak
09-12-2001, 02:09 AM
I am glad you are safe,god bless you .

rosanna

lori
09-12-2001, 02:25 AM
dj...

i too immediately thought of you and simon and was relieved when i came on line and saw that you were okay. funny that i don't know you, but you were one of the first persons i thought about...

as proof to the power of the internet and the connects we make here...

i'm glad you're okay, i've yet to look at your photos...i don't think i'm ready to, but i just want you to know that your photos (the ones i've seen) have been such good documentaion of your visit that i feel to be there with you...

take care...

lori

Studio224
09-12-2001, 03:58 AM
Dj and Simon, I am glad you are ok... I didn't want to think about the unthinkable....

Anne-Claire

Leaflin
09-12-2001, 03:27 PM
(((dj & simon)))
Glad you are safe!

kptad2
09-12-2001, 03:43 PM
i am very greatful that you and simon are ok .. its very sad that you r visit to the city was interrrupted by this disaster. please be safe while you are stil there . just know that my prayers are with and my family that is living there now.. kim

Gisela
09-12-2001, 11:06 PM
Very errie pictures.
Glad you are safe!

Gisela