PDA

View Full Version : Tolerance at this time....

Jan-Michael
09-11-2001, 07:40 PM
I remember when the American hostages were in Iran... and my best friend was from Iran he was treated badly...He is a VERY nice person..a friend of my family also.. everyone understand whoever did this terrible thing it was them not all of the people from their country... we are all citzens of planet Earth... lets pray more innocent people aren't hurt by this terrible event....

rsmak
09-11-2001, 09:04 PM
yes, let us pray for them!

rosanna

jheinrich
09-11-2001, 10:02 PM
thank you jan ...

I remember the way the japanese were treated in ww2- internment.

we don't want to make the mistakes of our past ...

j*

Yax
09-11-2001, 10:26 PM
Yes, hopefully no more innocent people have to be hurt or killed. Americans cannot tolerate these kinds of cowardly acts of violence. We will and must hold all of those who are responsible for these horrible crimes. The terrorist groups, and those countries who harbor and protect them must be held accountable. Yax

Bracero
09-12-2001, 10:07 AM
Very good point. I'm even more afraid of people acting out of unfocused rage against innocents than I am of further terrorist attacks.

No more Crystallnachts!

Keith Russell
09-12-2001, 11:13 AM
Greetings:

In a sad, ironic sort of way, it may be a good thing that this attack came after the attack in Oklahoma City.

We now know that some of our own citizens are just as capable of mindless, horrific violence as terrorists in any other country. If anyone for a moment thinks that this kind of anger or hatred can only be directed at our country, our government, our fellow citizens, by someone from outside the US, they need to do more thinking.

Unreasoning hated can come from anywhere. It is not confined to a specific race, nationality, income bracket, religion, nor any other identifying factors.

I hope that those responsible for this tragedy are found, and brought to justice. I hope that the free world joins in showing those few governments that harbour terrorists, that doing so will no longer be tolerated.

But, I hope that we do not, in our haste to exact vengeance, end up acting in such a way that WE are seen--by citizens of other countries--as terrorists ourselves.

The circle of vengeance can be broken, and justice can prevail, but we must act with prudence, care, and reason.

Blind hatred, and the willingness to cause immense suffering as a result of it, are the enemy--not a race, a religion, or a nation.

I hope our leaders are better able to resist blind hatred, than were our enemies.

Keith.

Leaflin
09-12-2001, 04:33 PM
I pray that our leaders will act with wisdom.

yogi
09-12-2001, 04:40 PM
All very well said, group. I, too, pray that our leaders and those of us they represent will act/react with wisdom and love, as well as responsible justice.

Maria Gusta
09-13-2001, 12:49 AM
I note some TinyHeads have changed, to military or patriotic images... On the radio on the way home, I heard that both blood donation and sign-ups at military enlistment stations have jumped. More and more the question at the watercooler is, who will we bomb, not if...

And I can't even say I disagree, except this sad sad old feeling of horrific excitement and fear and anger and loss of hope and weird unity; for the world unites, to act again in anger, and all I know is, whatever the number of dead in New York and DC, there will be more.

I heard a mosque was shot up; it was at night, and no one was hurt, except the feelings of the Muslims who go there, and together had prayed for the NY/DC victims, and donated blood... The question which comes to me is, how many Muslims died in the New York towers and maybe in DC? Will we avoid accepting prejudices, if the culprits turn out to claim Islam as their motivation? Will the public voices of Islam continue to say, no you *******s are no more Islamic than Idi Amin was Christian - and if they speak, will they be heard?

God, help us.

RuthT
09-13-2001, 09:07 AM
I hope that besides the words WHO and IF we also hear the word NO. NO more innocent lives.

If I were killed or injured in a terrorist attack would I want the perpetrators to be punished - YES. Would I want an innocent life to be taken in a foreign land as retribution - NO.

I pray that the world's leaders take both justice and humanity into consideration in their decisions.