PDA

View Full Version : Another sargent brush, lol

flowerfancy58
05-05-2004, 08:33 PM
I saw Sherry's paintng and liked it so I tried it out.. I like how this turned out although it looks different than hers :confused:

gloria:)

JCoop
05-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Gloria, now that you have this piece looking very artsy and interesting, now might be a good time to go back to it and just lay down a few defining strokes where her features are concerned. I think that would bring it home!

flowerfancy58
05-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Lol, thank you Joel:) My original intent was just to give the idea of this interesting lady, and not detail her out (just used the sargent brush)....... but then again, I have been known to do more than one version of the same painting, lol!! I'll have some time later this evening, and I'll play around with her then.

Chiers
05-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Hmm, this is indeed different. The strokes don't look like the Sargent brush at all. I wonder if the settings have been changed? Try returning the settings to default and see what happens.
She turned out good anyway.

As far as the tubism brush, all I have ever done with it us try it out a couple times. I'm sure there will be something eventually that it will work perfect for but as yet I don't know what that might be. lol

Chiers
05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
I wanted to add this brush also works wonderfully if you use your color variablity sliders with it!

flowerfancy58
05-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks for that last tip Sherry, I just tried it and you're right:)

As for my sargent's brush, i checked it and it is set at the default settings..

I agree it's odd, but interesting, lol

flowerfancy58
05-06-2004, 02:41 AM
Okay Joel,
I added a few dabs to her tonight........ not a lot, just about the eyes and teeth mainly.

Jet
05-06-2004, 02:59 AM
WOW, this is getting better everytime...

I believe this ain't the sergeant brush anymore, it looks like a lieutenant or master sergeant at least..lol..

Lookin' good !!

Regards

justjean
05-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Nice work Gloria, don't see how you can achieve this with that brush :)

JCoop
05-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Okay Joel,
I added a few dabs to her tonight........ not a lot, just about the eyes and teeth mainly.

Gloria, I see the difference in what you've done. I think it focuses her better, yet still embodies the free and easy style that you began with. Love the hair and the crows-feet around the eyes. Now you've got the best of both worlds! Bravo :clap: