PDA

View Full Version : the day that stopped history

pampe
09-11-2001, 07:04 PM
well, I'm having trouble doing anything but crying and listening to the news......

anyone else?

pampe
09-11-2001, 07:05 PM
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

-Nostradamus- 1654

henrik
09-11-2001, 07:30 PM
I am moving this thread to the café where many others are talking about the events in NY.

Jan-Michael
09-11-2001, 07:31 PM
seems like today...my art doesn't even matter..... this is so sad....

auntie_chaos
09-11-2001, 08:15 PM
My feelings exactly Jan-Michael. This has just been a very sad day for so many innocent people and my prayers and thoughts go out to everyone affected by this tragedy. (and remember ... anyone who can ... please go out and donate blood ... it's the least we can do).
-----------------
auntie_chaos (AKA Cheryl)

tammy
09-11-2001, 08:19 PM
Yes, me too, Even though my electricity may be cut off because I can not pay 600.00 this week and even though there are many of my bills that I cannot pay etc, things I really needed to try to take care of today, I have not been able to do. Ever since my husband got me up to tell me about the first plane hitting the building, I have not been able to leave the TV. I've sat in front of it watching a terrible and horrible act of violence which I cannot do much about. Even though its hundreds of miles away from me the silence of the skies which only yesterday had the sounds of many planes filling it. Today seems so quiet. It's the sense of unreality, one of you mentioned in an earlier thread. As if "this can't be true, it couldn't have happened here"..not here in America. I am numb. That's all I know to say. Can't get away from the T.V...just numb. My heart aches for people I do not know. For their families...

rsmak
09-11-2001, 08:54 PM
I am deeply shock by the attack.I feel sorry for those people.
I lived in the state before and love it,I feel angry about the terrist,as they kill lots of innocent people.
God bless those who suffering from losing their dear ones, and all the american people.

rosanna:crying:

Ceu
09-11-2001, 09:02 PM
There are no words to describe the feelings that go thru us, and there is no way to explain the reason why people feel the need to show anger this way.
To those that I have died today , may the Angels be with them , take care of them and make them safe.
Ceu

Luvy
09-11-2001, 11:46 PM
Pampe and everyone It's been about the worse day for me too. I can't do much of anything but watch this unbelieveable tragedy. :crying:

dcheek
09-11-2001, 11:58 PM
I travel to and work in and around New York City, and DC quite often, I too am shocked. I worked half heartedly for a couple of hours before the company I was at in Baltimore shutdown for the day. I tried to paint during the down time so I wouldn't be tying up phone lines. It just didn't seem right. Was glued to the news since then. :( :confused: :crying: :(

paintfool
09-12-2001, 03:32 AM
I finally had to turn the tv off. I just couldn't take any more. It's 3:30 am and it's back on. Just hoping for some good news. Nothing yet.

Cheryl

Maria
09-12-2001, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by pampe
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

-Nostradamus- 1654

Yesterday a friend and I talked about Nostradamus having prophesied this tragedy. I checked in a book I have (which unfortunately only includes parts of his prophecies) but couldn't find it. Thanks, Pampe.

I'm still in shock and can't think of much else.

:( Maria

teixman
09-12-2001, 10:24 AM
Yesterday in Spain, main tv stations were from 3pm to 3am, connected with the United States. We saw the tremendous images of the attacks and deplored how many innocent lives they caused.I hope they will never repeat.

jheinrich
09-12-2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by pampe

-Nostradamus- 1654

ever hear the term self-fulfilling prophecy?

I do not support a war against anyone for any reason.

remember Martin Luther King, Jr., Ghandi, and Jesus.

In America, the people still decide when we go to war and when we don't, punishing governments for harboring terrorists really only punishes the innocent people of those countries, feeding the fuel of hatred that breeds people like suicide bombers. A government doesn't create terrorists like we see today, it's history, nationalism, religious extremism and refusing to change that create this type of person. If we react in violence, it only solidifies their opinion of us,

and in my opinion, brings us down to their level.

j*

jheinrich
09-12-2001, 10:35 AM
again, thanks to the people across the world for their love and support ... you have mine as well.

j*

Keith Russell
09-12-2001, 11:02 AM
J.

"one world? one people? one love?"

Sorry, I prefer to stand apart.

Keith.

jheinrich
09-12-2001, 11:58 AM
apart from whom? keith ...

no man is an island.

I speak of the dream, not the obvious reality.

joemajury
09-12-2001, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by jheinrich

If we react in violence, it only solidifies their opinion of us,

and in my opinion, brings us down to their level.

j*

Im sorry, but in my humble opionion, and it is MY opinion, I think you are talking out your XXXX.
If you do NOT retaliate, every little Dictator in the world, will think they can get away with these kinds of acts.
America is where it is today BECAUSE of it strength, not its lack of it.
We have soft soaped the likes of the IRA for years, and look where they are now - IN POWER.
There are people in power paid to make decisions like this, on what steps to be taken next.

Anyway, regardless of all this, I think this is a time to be thinking of the victims , both dead and wounded and the tremendous rescue work going on at the moment.
My thoughts are with you all

Joe

jheinrich
09-12-2001, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by joemajury

Anyway, regardless of all this, I think this is a time to be thinking of the victims , both dead and wounded and the tremendous rescue work going on at the moment.
My thoughts are with you all

Joe

agreed.

love and sympathy to all ...

jeanette*

colorme
09-12-2001, 03:32 PM
I got this link in an e-mail today:

http://mailbits.com/goto/donotforget/

tammy
09-12-2001, 04:30 PM
I don't know what words to put this in put I think that the support of each of us for each other via the Internet community through this sometimes seemly cold mechanical highway through computers is amazing. I don't know about all of you but every business, every web page organization etc which I'm subscribed to have sent e-mails to me speaking respectfully of the events of yesterday and instructions of how we may help right down to how some of their Internet activities were shut down for yesterday in and for the interest of any members who may have been affected by yesterday's violence.

Even the International Boards on eBay were a buzz with condolances and well wishers.

Amazing support for humankind and each other!

arourapope
09-12-2001, 06:16 PM
All the screaming for war and retalliation has me more terrified than I can say. If this was indeed a terrorist attack, from a handful of people, how can we even contemplate attacking a country, full of civilians as helpless as our folks on those planes and in those buildings? Folks with hopes and dreams and worries and concerns just like we have? Homes with children to feed and parents trying to make a living just like we have? Folks that worship and pray and call out to their gods in times of trouble just like we do?
I'm hearing horror stories of Muslims in our country that are already being harassed because of what has happened. The land of the free........
I hope and pray that we keep our wits about us. That we honor those that died with integrity and dignity, not with the same type of fearful and terrible response like that which killed them. I hope and pray we rise above and find an answer through some other route than through one of terror.
Otherwise, we have truly lost no matter what the outcome.
Maybe I'm a romantic idiot, I don't know. But I grew up overseas, as an Army brat. I was raised to believe that being American meant something *special.* That this country was the melting pot, that all were welcome here, that *people are people.* In all my years that's what being Patriotic has meant to me.
And I hope and pray that that still means something.
I know that yesterday's events will have changed this country, this world (!) in many, many ways. Ways that we can surely not even conceive of as of yet. In the midst of our changes, though, may we not loose sight of the meaning of being *American* is in the first place.
May the horror of yesterday bring us to a blessing, not a curse. May we be able to tell our children the tale someday with honor, not with shame. May we act from a position of impeccability, not from a position of fear. May we find compassion for all those involved, as frightening of a task as that may be. And may these horrible events usher us into an age filled with hope, so that those that died did not do so in vain.
Light,
Aurora

auntie_chaos
09-12-2001, 06:26 PM
I too am horrified that some feel that the way to solve terrorism is to be heavy-handed and lower ourselves to the level of those who have inflicted such pain on us. Aren't we better than that? I don't think I could support retaliation where we (I'm Canadian but consider our US neighbors as neighbors/family and one with us) just go out and blow up other innocent people - cilivians - men, women and children just trying to figure out how all this happened themselves. Just my feelings.
-------------------
auntie_chaos (AKA Cheryl)

--- We all bleed red blood!!! ---