PDA

View Full Version : my first acrylics portrait WIP

AndyfromVienna
05-05-2004, 06:18 PM
hey friends,

im doing my first acrylics portrait, im painting it from darkness to light and it is quite a thing to do ..... im going to add a lot of lightness, finish the hair etc.

it is my second acrylics painting ever, im normally painting watercolors but i think ill like acrylics a lot, too!!!!

*hugs*

Andy

gnu
05-06-2004, 02:46 AM
you know Andy, I think dark like this kind of adds to her sultryness!! it's your call, but I like the drama of this...and it sure is HER, even from the thumbnail, I could tell...
Good for you, I reckon you'll go far with this medium...as for the portrait comments..I'll leave that to those who do them..
:clap: :clap:

Lady Carol
05-06-2004, 11:21 AM
This is great.

My only problem is the shadow in her left eye seems to be a little too dark compared to the rest of the face.

ExpressiveAngie
05-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Lips and eyes - wow !! :clap:
I do think her collar bone is off a tad, but its so hard to believe this is your 1st acrylic portrait - it is so lovely.
What medium did you use before acrylics?

CazM
05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
This is gorgeous! The skin tones are excellent! :D

Was it done on black paper?

AndyfromVienna
05-06-2004, 08:56 PM
today i painted next step, fixing nose, lips, eyes, collarbones ....... pls tell me that you know like barbra better than before!!!!i is far from finished ....

comments and critiquers please!

*hugs*

Andy

artistodon
05-07-2004, 01:38 AM
Andy,
You are doing a marvelous job. I really like the changes you made. You have really captured her mood and expression. I can't believe this is your first portrait in acrylic.
Don :)

AndyfromVienna
05-07-2004, 07:42 AM
This is gorgeous! The skin tones are excellent! :D

Was it done on black paper?

Hi CazM,

no, it is being done on canvas, the background is a mixture of cool green and cool red. i only allow myself to use the basic colors!

*hugs*

Andy

AndyfromVienna
05-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Lips and eyes - wow !! :clap:
I do think her collar bone is off a tad, but its so hard to believe this is your 1st acrylic portrait - it is so lovely.
What medium did you use before acrylics?
hi PastelMama,

im glad you like my humble efforts! before painting acrylics i used watercolors, you can see my stuff at
http://www.wasserfarben.at

and there is a guestbook to sign (*hint, hint*)

many hugs, im also doing my first pastel-portrait at the moment - could one say im lazy ......???

Andy

diane555
05-07-2004, 07:47 AM
I love Barbara! You're doing a great job on this...it seems to me that you've no trouble adjusting to acrylics :D

Di

blue_girl
05-08-2004, 04:39 AM
I really like this piece, what I think is really interesting is that when I first looked I thought it looked computer generated.

AndyfromVienna
05-08-2004, 07:47 AM
hey friends,

thanks for your nice comments, i really love this (for me new) medium ..... ive been doing a lot of smoothing to her skin and added some hair and ill be adding a lot of light (white) to her skin this night, ill continue posting!!!!

*hugs*

Andy

ExpressiveAngie
05-08-2004, 08:35 AM
JUst one great big word .. WOW! :clap:

chal
05-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Every shot is just better and better! You are an incredibly talented artist! I just love it!

Cara

AndyfromVienna
05-09-2004, 07:36 AM
hey friends,

here is the stage of barbra, the blues around her head are not really there, its reflected light, but i like it very much! should i maybe think of adding some?

tell me what you think!

*hugs*

Andy

ExpressiveAngie
05-09-2004, 09:00 AM
I think you are extemely talented :clap:

AndyfromVienna
05-09-2004, 09:12 PM
I think you are extemely talented :clap:
Angie,

this is one sentence an artist wishes to hear so much ... thank you for saying it .... im only selfeducated .... this means so much to me ....... because i really want to take on a career in painting .... thanks you so much ......

*millions of hugs*

Andy

http://www.andywatercolors.com

AndyfromVienna
05-12-2004, 08:07 PM
hey friends,

at the risk of utter boring you with all the stages of this portrait i want to share one of the latest ones .... added some light, reflected lights to the shadows, earrings, continued with the hair ... and honestly hope it will be finished soon, i want to start a new one!!!!

*hugs*

Andy

prepsage
05-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Fantastic. Composition, color, handling. Incredible. I'm bothered by the yellow in the hair that's about all. Again. Fantastic portrait.