PDA

View Full Version : terrorist attack

david ward
09-11-2001, 05:30 PM
I just wanted to say to all our American friends how shocked and sympathetic I am to what has happened today. I am sure everyone shares these sentiments and sincerely hope none of you here have been hurt or had family or friends hurt either. When I see the horrific things humans are capable of I am in despair. Then I see what beautiful things we can do too as in the contents of this site it gives me some hope. I just don't understand how anyone can choose destruction over inspiration. Keep up the good work everyone.

David :(

colorme
09-11-2001, 07:22 PM
I'm still shocked about all this,:confused: i still can't believe all the airplane crashes happened one after another.. and I'm actually very scared about what's going to happen after the airplanes are let out tomorrow again..hmm :(

RonMarko
09-12-2001, 12:57 AM
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks David.
I'm not in NY city (Or even close for that matter) but the pain everyone is feeling at this time disolves distance. My heart goes out to the people affected by this tragedy.

On a personal level it's unreal - I remember having these weird dreams of plane crashes as a child. (I grew up around an airport in Denver.) And this event is like watching one of those horrible dreams unfold. 3 times! It made me sick enough to take a personal day off from work as I'm sure lots of you out there have.

Ironically, about 2 months ago I had started to paint a series of 3, non-abstract works based on the complacent attitudes towards world political situations - I don't think I'll show them now. Maybe it takes a tragic event like this to extinguish peoples weak, liberal attitudes towards potential threats.

Tomorrow I'll donate blood and feel like a zombie - like I did today.

:crying::crying:

bug
09-12-2001, 04:31 PM
Thanks David,
You know the rest:( still no word yet. will keep you informed.

Hugs and blessings to all:)

boo
09-12-2001, 07:24 PM
I have never seen anything as horrendous as this. Complete and utter devastation! Thousands must have felt the greatest fear there is.

Now we must wait uneasily, for the next steps to be taken.

It was such an enormous symbol of western civilisation, I am fearful of the repercussions there may be.

Susan

crazi4art
09-13-2001, 04:39 PM
omg, all this attacking was horrible. i hope everyone is safe. i can't believe so people are stupid enough to kill SO many innocent people. i think it was horrible. i am so sorry for anyone who had to die!
love 2 all,
shivani

msue
09-16-2001, 05:42 PM
Thank You. Unfortunately some here at WetCanvas have been touched. I learned this at the Cafe Friday night. Visit the Cafe Forum to see the beautiful tribute.