05-05-2004, 11:33 AM
This is 11 x 14 on hardboard:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2004/15134-4by6jpg.jpg

I see a lot of the nuances of color are lost with this small image :(

C&C welcome, and thanks for looking!

Jeri

terriv
05-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Wonderful! I can't wait to introduce my 15 year old daughter to your work. She has a horse of her own, is a serious horse admirer, and has collected over 100 Bryers and others. Last night she was viewing a drawing of a unicorn over in another forum and commenting on how most people don't get the muscle definition correct but this young artist had done a superb job. I know she will find your work very appealing too.

surreal
05-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Your horse looks very beautiful or handsome!!!
:)

terriv
05-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Your horse looks very beautiful or handsome!!!

Good point surreal. Had he chosen a different angle we might be able to tell.

ExpressiveAngie
05-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Wonderful!
I love the way you have reflected the colors of the sky into the white of the horse.

Carguy
05-06-2004, 05:48 PM
:clap: Nice nice nice!! I really like this, and echo the comment about the colours of the sky in the horse's coat. Great work, and if the image does not do it justice then you should be justifiably proud of this work.

paintedhorses
05-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Thanks for your kind comments, everyone!

This is the first painting from my new studio, and I had a great time painting it :D

I played with the colors to get what I wanted, so I really appreciate the comments about them :)

Terriv, I would love to visit via email with your daughter! I have to say that I too am very picky about horse anatomy. I've owned horses, trained for other people, bought and sold, etc., etc., shown for others, loved them all my life, and have lots of experience with various breeds and riding disciplines. I don't own any horses anymore, but my head is full of paintings just waiting to happen!

Jeri

artistodon
05-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Very nice painting. Love the blending of the colors of the sky on the horse. Ever think of trying a hidden picture type painting? Surreal it might be "handsome". Me thinks I detect a shadow. lol
Don :)

diane555
05-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Jeri

Beautiful work! Something about your style reminds me of Remington. Any chance of a close-up of the head? I just love this one.

Di

paintedhorses
05-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Thank you, Don & Di! The horse is a stallion :)

Here is a closer view of the head & neck:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2004/15134-HeadDetailjpg.jpg

Thanks again, Jeri