PDA

View Full Version : NY'er's PLEASE CHECK IN!

arlene
09-11-2001, 12:33 PM
There are plenty of WC folks who are concerned about us New Yorkers...so if you're from the tri-state area please check in and just leave your name here, so we know you are okay.

DJ and Simon are fine! We've heard from them.

I'm far enough away from the tragedy, but the thought of which of our friends may not have made it is devastating.

My prayers are with all the people not only here in NY but in the other areas too.

JeffG
09-11-2001, 01:06 PM
I'm less than 2 hours away... one coworker left early because her brother works in the towers... my coworkers who live in PA went home because of reports of bridges closing... our next door neighbor Institute for Defence Analysis has closed their big "Graceland" gates across their driveway & parked trucks across their entrance... another coworker who's an ETM left for standby call.... and we're being told to give blood.

ReNae
09-11-2001, 01:12 PM
I'm in central jersey, but have relatives who work in DC....waiting to hear from them too. Military copters just flew overhead.....Friend's husband works a few blocks north of the towers.....thank goodness he is fine......my prayers to all who wait.

~ReNae

MissMouse
09-11-2001, 01:28 PM
MissMouse here (Pam) - I live about 45 min. from the city and have several friends who work in and around the area - my neighbors brother is a fireman in athe towers and I consoled a woman in church this orning whos son works there. My husband works in IBM headquaters ( which is very vanuarable) I am worried as I have not been able to get through to him at work are ines are all dead. Thank you guys for being her for us.

Ahhhhh this is a far cry from my first post this morning ......

henrik
09-11-2001, 02:20 PM
Although not a regular New Yorker I am there often enough to feel called. I was scheduled to be in NY, but got delayed, and would have gone there tomorrow.

So, I am safe in Sweden, everyone at my company and their families are accounted for thank God.

joemajury
09-11-2001, 02:43 PM
I must admit that you and DJ were the first people to enter my thoughts, glad to see you are safe.
Best wishes

Joe

Sandi
09-11-2001, 04:19 PM
Thank God you are all here and accounted for. I will continue to pray for you and your loved ones, and for all. Please keep us updated.

baquitania
09-11-2001, 04:56 PM
I went to sleep at 6am and woke up at 10am. I am ashamed to say I was sleeping while this tragedy happened... I found an email from Ivyleaf asking me to check in... which I didn't answer until 3pm, as the News has been on in my house all day... I pray for the families involved, and am thankful for my wonderful friends here...

bobsart
09-11-2001, 05:18 PM
My heart goes out to all of you New Yorkers and I hope you are all safe. I have a special saddness since two of the airplanes that were used in this horrific event belong to my company American Airlines. They are part of my family too. What really makes this even more frightening is that I got a call from my son who witnessed the first impact from an airplane that he was flying on to Laguardia. He was flying there on business and I didn't know that. He called after they landed to tell me.

God help us!

kildaire
09-11-2001, 05:39 PM
I am thinking and praying for you all...... ive had the telly all day just cant believe the devastation.....keep typing on here to let us know how youall are.

arlene
09-11-2001, 05:47 PM
drapier is also accounted for and so is bruin...

and yes that also included you henrik..checking in...and anyone else.

Berrell? are you there?

wendee
09-11-2001, 05:58 PM
This is horrific...words cannot say how I feel...How Humans can do this shocking thing to other humans.....

My Prayers are for all the american people and especially for the families and friends of the victims of such a shocking act.....

arourapope
09-11-2001, 06:28 PM
Oh, I'm so glad to see you guys are okay. I thought of you today. I cried today. Scarey, scarey stuff. Be safe everyone, okay? Love you.
Aurora

Katee
09-11-2001, 06:56 PM
Such a senseless waste of human lives, I must admit, when I first heard the news, my first thoughts and worries were for the friends here at WC, those who I know, and those I don't.

Thanks for letting us know you are ok.

The candles are burning for you here in Yorkshire.

Take care

Karen :( :confused: :mad: :crying:

just remembered a quote from way back at school, but don't know who said it, but today, it seems very appropriate....

'man's inhumanity to man, makes countless thousands mourn'

auntie_chaos
09-11-2001, 07:20 PM
Even though I'm new here and don't know many of you I still feel like you're all family. I'm so greatful that everyone on this board from NYC & Washington seem to be safe and sound. My prayers and thoughts go out to you as well as all my neighbors in the USA! May God be with you and yours over these next very trying days. My eyes are glued (as they have been all day) to CNN and I just hope and pray that the casualty and death toll isn't near as heavy as it seems it must be. Hugs to you all!
--------------
auntie_chaos (AKA Cheryl)

paintfool
09-11-2001, 07:21 PM
I've breathed one more sigh of releif with each name i've read from this list. I've sent an email to Kemshmi. Let's pray that we hear from her soon.
Cheryl

arlene
09-11-2001, 07:27 PM
I'm sure Kem is fine Cheryl...she's on the border of westchester county...far enough away.

paintfool
09-11-2001, 07:34 PM
((Arlene)) thank you.

Christie
09-11-2001, 07:34 PM
I have been listening as much as possible today. This is a horrific occurence. I am glad that we have NY people checking in. I am still waiting for one of my friend's to get in touch, but as she was working in the upper floors of the world trade centre, things do not look too good.

sassybird
09-11-2001, 08:22 PM
I too am still in shock. The AFB here is on Delta alert until further notice. It is a SAC and TAC base. I know two other people in Manhattan that I have been unable to raise. I pray they are alright. And for all the victims families and those injured I sent up prayers for.

tammy
09-11-2001, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Christie
I am still waiting for one of my friend's to get in touch, but as she was working in the upper floors of the world trade centre, things do not look too good.

Oh Christie :crying:

Christie
09-11-2001, 09:20 PM
There is always the chance that she was not there I guess. Things are still too confused for me to get through right now, but her family will notify us one way or another.

Sandi
09-12-2001, 11:05 AM
((((((((Christie))))))))

Christie
09-12-2001, 11:43 AM
Did you know that this is the first time in my life I have not seen air traffic? In driving to work this morning all the flags were at half mast and the airport tarmacs were full(!) of large aircraft, just parked there. It was the most amazing thing.

More than anything, the flags made me realize that this was real...

pixelscapes
09-12-2001, 12:41 PM
All the air traffic I've seen in the Washington area has been fighter jets roaring around, and military helicopters. It's creepy (to say the least).

I've seen so many threads about this tragedy and the people involved, I feel like I don't even know what to say or which thread to say it in or anything. Just... thinking of EVERYone, whether you've lost someone or not... we're all hurt and affected, I think.

-=- Jen "Donate something!" de la Cruz

Leaflin
09-12-2001, 04:46 PM
I've always thought what a great location I live in.
An hour from DC and 10 minutes to the mountains.
I don't feel so safe anymore.

Christie
09-12-2001, 07:19 PM
My friend who worked at the WTC was not in at the time everything happened. I am so relieved for her and her family!

We are still thinking about all the others who have been affected by this horrible tragedy. Hopefully others will also have some good news.

auntie_chaos
09-12-2001, 07:26 PM
Thank goodness !! I'm so glad your friend's fine. Any good news at this time is wonderful to hear. Thanx for letting us know.
---------------
auntie_chaos (AKA Cheryl)

--- We all bleed red blood ---

Gisela
09-12-2001, 10:13 PM
My prayers to all of our friends in New York.
Arlene, Milt and all -- thank God that you are all safe!

What a nightmare -- it still doesn't even feel real. My prayers and condolences to all who have lost friends and loved ones.

Gisela

arlene
09-14-2001, 09:13 AM
I received an email from Berrell yesterday...she's fine but has been having email problems.

JeffG
09-14-2001, 09:20 AM
This is chilling... a friend reports that the local train station parking lot, which is usually nearly empty at nights, had quite a few cars that have been there since Tuesday.

Christie
09-14-2001, 10:22 AM
My firend's mother (who is in New York) says that she can get emails, but not send anything out. The message was a bit garbled, so she may not be able to do anything with email at all...

Jeff, that is a chilling image. I had not thought about this, but it is going to stay with me...

berkking
09-16-2001, 06:58 AM
This incident tends to make a mockery of the "No news is good news" sentiment.

Nik

Gisela
09-17-2001, 10:42 AM
Has anyone at all heard from Kemshi yet? I, too, e-mailed her last Wednesday and still have heard nothing.
Arlene...any word? :(

Gisela

arlene
09-17-2001, 03:23 PM
No i haven't heard from kem either, but as i've said she lives up on the bronx/westchester border...almost as far away as i am.

also i know that kem has always tried to stay away from manhattan...she has no love of it.

having said all that, if someone would email me her real name, i'll see if i can put a call in to her.

Berrell
09-20-2001, 04:31 PM
Good idea Arlene,

I'm OK too. I was watching the Today Show when they cut in with that image of the WTC with what I thought was "just" a fire. I went outside immediately and filmed it from then on. I guess that helped me with that helplessness you feel when you see something like that. I've been in the frozen zone until a few days ago...Bleecker St.

I feel incredibly lucky that no one close to me was hurt or killed. There are many 2 degrees of separation but even before that it is true, it's incredibly sad. The day after when that cloud blew my way I was very uneasy as I really needed to be here, at home, but couldn't have withstood that for days and days. Fortunately that was the only bad day in my neighborhood.

So glad to see all these messages. Thanks for all the good wishes.

Berrell

kemshmi
10-11-2001, 02:35 AM
thanks for your thoughts everyone
i am fine here....
about 15 miles from downtown manhatten..
i have just been kinda out of it lately, but ok

Kemshmi

paintfool
10-11-2001, 03:39 AM
((Kem))

Gisela
10-11-2001, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kemshmi
thanks for your thoughts everyone
i am fine here....
about 15 miles from downtown manhatten..
i have just been kinda out of it lately, but ok

Kemshmi [QUOTE]

((((((Kem!!!!!)))))))

Thank God, you're safe!! :D
Gisela