PDA

View Full Version : One brush painting

Cronious
05-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Yes its another one.

This was produced with purely the Sargent brush in painter. I think the cup still needs some work. I have tried to work from my last painting, using a focal point, and the essence of coffee time breaks.

Thanks for viewing

JCoop
05-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Crone, with each post your brushwork is getting more and more expressive and dynamic. I can tell you're getting cozy with Painter. Great job... keep posting!

themanda
05-05-2004, 10:44 AM
clare, i like this a lot. i really like the playful quality it has and the retro feel to it. great choice of brush to go along with the radio. :) excellent work!

Jet
05-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Clare,
i love this 'one brush' approach, it is to prove that you don't need 1000 brushes and variants to do a decent art piece.

And that makes Painter less overwhelming, knowing that you can use just one brush at a time for a painting....
...that could be a great project....
....YES, a project 'Painter' oriented and using just 1 brush..

Think about it..
I'm in...and Amanda is in too...yuk, yuk :D

Regards
:cool:

Chiers
05-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Nice job Crone. Did you like the sargent brush? I really do love playing with it. Especialy for one stroke effects. It's like painting with a palette knife loaded with lots of buttery oil paint.

Cronious
05-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks all for your encouragement and support.

This was quite a challenge. I too love the effect of this brush, its got great tonal, touchey feely quality to it hmmm...... hey I hope you know what I mean.

Each painting is bring new ideas and ways for using brushes. I am really enjoying this experimental period :D

Still don't like the cup though, I think it could have been better with a different brush :rolleyes: oh well a challenge is a challenge.

I would be interested in how others approach a one brush painting. Any one want to try and share?

Chiers
05-05-2004, 02:38 PM
When I first looked at this it somehow looks sooo familiar to me. I remembered why. Yesterday while I was shopping I saw radios for sale that look just like that. Only they were in bright colors. Old fashion style brought back in new colors with the big old fashion dials.

Cronious
05-05-2004, 02:47 PM
This a original radio dating back to 1963. My partner collects old radios, I collect old camera..... boy do we need to get a unit to hold all this stuff. Love it.

Cronious
05-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Here is another one with a different brush. This brush is called 'uncle wiggly' ( I did not create or name this brush, it comes with the Painter 8 Creativity book.)

I just tried the cup and saucer this time as It elluded me with the sargent brush. It is very difficult to get exact definition with this brush, but hey it was fun :D

JCoop
05-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Crone, looks great! Keep experimenting!

flowerfancy58
05-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I like this Crone, and I LIKE the cup especially, lol!! I've been playing around with the artist brushes too:) Great fun, and amazing what they will do!

gloria