PDA

View Full Version : To all New Yorkers.

joemajury
09-11-2001, 09:39 AM
Just heard the news about the World Trade Centre.
Im NOT religious, so its my Thoughts that are with you and your families at this time, I hope you are all safe.

Joe

Minibrush
09-11-2001, 10:09 AM
The destruction is continuing. May all of our prayers (you don't have to be religious to pray) be with all in NY and DC. God bless all, those passengers on the planes, the people in the buildings and now around the buildings, and all those who will be charged with helping.

Studio224
09-11-2001, 10:15 AM
I have just heard that one of the towers fell down, I am apalled...
I heard also that other planes may crash down: I hope I am wrong and it's rumor!

I am not a religious person either but I am sending all my thoughts to all the people that need it.

Anne-Claire

animal
09-11-2001, 10:20 AM
Sending Prayers to All in DC and New York. Please be SAFE. :crying: :crying: :( :( :crying: :crying: :crying:

blondheim12
09-11-2001, 11:08 AM
I am absolutely Horrified and my prayers are with all victims and their families. I also pray for our leaders and military personnel. Be safe all!!!
Linda

T-Rex
09-11-2001, 11:57 AM
In Shock, :crying: May God be with us all

NorahT
09-11-2001, 01:33 PM
I pray for America and her people, and especially for those who have been directly involved. I cannot believe what I am seeing on the tv!!

Einion
09-11-2001, 01:47 PM
Words cannot express how I feel but my sincerest sympathies to all New Yorkers and to the American members as a whole.

Einion

YLCIA
09-11-2001, 01:53 PM
All my thoughts with evryone in New York and my prayers We have a lot of friends there and cannot reach them. It is an absolute unhuman action. I cannot beleive it is actually happening .

Julia

djstar
09-11-2001, 02:04 PM
As a visitor and now a bit of a hostage, I am just posting in to say Simon, Arlene and I are in the chat room happy to make touch with humans. We are watching the same news as you. Simon is the closest and he is having friends around him. I am midtown and you would not know it was any different here. Milt apparently just woke up, he is up more west of Central Park and popped in and out of the chat.
I am hearing sirens and firetrucks all over the place. My building is too short and the sky we see up here is clear with bluer sky than phoenix. It is almost unnerving to think it happened so close.
I was in the neighborhood Sunday. SUNDAY.
Life goes on. I am so lucky to be so close and so far away.
I know my folks and friends at home are probably more scared than I am. I just retreived a voice mail from my tearful mom.
Not knowing is almost the worst.
Not being able to help is tied.
Thanks so much. you guys all seem as real as any of my flesh and blood friends.
Love you
dj* the tourist

LarrySeiler
09-11-2001, 02:24 PM
My brother was a graphic artist that worked on about the 70th floor of one of the towers, imagine my horror today! Then, after my wife got thru to my mother whom said he recently took a graphic arts position in another nearby building!

He was on his way to work this morning when the subway system shut down. Unbelievable carnage. My sister lives and works nearby as well...and I understand she is safe.

My prayers are with them, their friends, others. My mother is waiting to hear of news of a friend that was on one of Los Angelos fleights, which seems yet as unaccounted for, (or news is being delayed).

I guess we knew and feared this as being possible, but as of today...we enter into a new age. Pray for wisdom of our leaders as they seek to respond.
Larry

joemajury
09-11-2001, 02:40 PM
My initial post, was shortly after I heard of a blaze in one of the towers.
I have sat glued to the television all day, watching the reports, with disbelief, and concern, and I must say a lot of anger.
I wont say any more on the subject, because when Im angry I tend to say what other people are thinking, but I hope these terrorists will be brought to swift justice.
My thoughts are with you Americans EVERYWHERE around the world.
Deepest thoughts

Joe

billyg
09-11-2001, 03:52 PM
My thoughts are with you all in the States and if one good thing comes out of this it will the unification of people to deny this type of terrorism the right to act in the way they do.
Billyg

Lulu
09-11-2001, 04:01 PM
Am so shocked and deeply saddened by the news this morning as I awoke. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

colorme
09-11-2001, 04:40 PM
this is sad:(

wendee
09-11-2001, 05:50 PM
I woke up this morming to this shocking news.....God Bless all of the american people..my Prayers are with yous all...

deevaa
09-11-2001, 07:04 PM
My guy phoned me at 2am this morning, (that's about 9am NY time), he told me to turn on the TV

"which channel?"

"any channel it doesn't matter."

I watched until 4am my time, guiltily grateful that I could turn it off, guiltily grateful right now that I live in New Zealand.

I've been thinking about everyone of you who live in America since and my thoughts are with you, your friends and your family now.

I remember driving around the base of the empire state building and the world trade centre -- stuck in peek hour, grid locked traffic and peering up into the sky being overwhelmed by the sheer size of the buildings, the size of NYC. I can't comprehend that something like this would happen, could happen....

We and I spent about 2hrs on the phone this morning, both of us had our eyes glued to CNN or BBC World, hardly speaking, yet the phone was pressed firmly to my ear, wanting to be closer, needing him near.

I was selling a painting someone who worked in the world trade centre, and he quickly became and online friend, I only have his work email address, it is too much to hope that he'll respond to an email. I am worried - I don't believe that anyone can not be affected by what has happened in America today, and my heart is with you all.

Each and everyone of you.

auntie_chaos
09-11-2001, 07:13 PM
I join with everyone else here in disbelief as to today's tragic events. Have spent the day (since the first plane crash) with my eyes glued to CNN and I can't imagine how those in NYC & Washington must feel. My thoughts are with you all. My prayers go out to all those directly and indirectly involved with the horrendous events of the day and also to all my neighbors in the USA. May God be with you and yours. Will surely be a birthday I won't forget!!! What more can I say ...
--------------
auntie_chaos (AKA Cheryl)