PDA

View Full Version : Da Pipes

Brian Firth
05-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Well, I have finally done something that will fit in my scanner. This is a painting I did from a photo I took last summer. This piece was done for the Tulsa Artists Coalition benefit show. This is acrylic on a 5"x5" gallery wrap canvas. The show is called 5x5x5. It held every year on May, 5 and all the works are 5" x 5" and donated by local and regional artist to be auctioned for $55. Its allways fun to see all the great work and help out a great cause.

surreal
05-04-2004, 01:57 AM
Well, I have finally done something that will fit in my scanner. This is a painting I did from a photo I took last summer. This piece was done for the Tulsa Artists Coalition benefit show. This is acrylic on a 5"x5" gallery wrap canvas. The show is called 5x5x5. It held every year on May, 5 and all the works are 5" x 5" and donated by local and regional artist to be auctioned for $55. Its allways fun to see all the great work and help out a great cause.
Very fine painting, Brian!
:)

Thanks so much for posting it for us to see!!!
:D

artistodon
05-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Really great job brian, for a really great cause. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Don :)

odge
05-04-2004, 08:40 AM
I really like the colours and the negative shapes. You have done a great job.

Jo

chal
05-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Wonderful! Simple, yet effective. I think the 5x5x5 idea is great for the show/auction.

Carguy
05-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Brian Firth
05-04-2004, 12:57 PM
I really like the colours and the negative shapes. You have done a great job.

Jo

Thank you, my main focus was on the negative shapes and the subtle colors, so I'm glad that it worked. I experimented with a pyrole orange underpainting to give it an underlying warmth. Golden's Transparent Red Iron Oxide is an amazing paint! I think I will use this technique on some larger works. I have learned so much from WetCanvas, and I still have so much more to learn and try! Thanks everyone for all your input.

Here's my 5x5 from last year. It's acrylic too, darker subject but with brighter colors. Painted from life with no photos.

dspinks
05-04-2004, 02:45 PM
What a fun project to help a good cause. I like the effect of the orange peeking through the layers. Adds to the "realness" of the pipes.

Debra