PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Pregnant or Fat!?

JCoop
05-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Some of you may remember this image... I posted it a while back...
Click here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111958)

Well, I decided to try and put a twist on the above image by changing the pregnant woman to a pregnant man. :eek:

I've been staring at the image below for so long I can't decide whether it looks like a pregnant man or just a fat man. :D That's why I'm posting this as a poll. I would also like any comments on how I might improve the believability of this image as a pregnant man and not just a fat man.

I would really like to keep the white t-shirt, but its tones may be to close to the tones in his belly... I don't know... confused at this stage.

Don't for get to place your vote at the top of this thread...

Thanks in advance for your indulgence!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2004/30872-preg_man_full.jpg

Digital _Painter8

flowerfancy58
05-04-2004, 12:13 AM
I voted, lol!! I'd like to see the tee shirt stay too....... hopefully you can add a few pick me up shades to it and it will stay:)

gloria

Jet
05-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Joel,
.....a beer gut, hangs down... ;) :p
..i'll vote...

:cool:

justjean
05-04-2004, 01:34 AM
The one thing that I noticed was that the belly is bulging under the arm, perhaps it should be more of a straight line down from the t shirt making it appear more like he is pregnant , ya know all out in front :)

Chiers
05-04-2004, 03:58 AM
Haaa haaa Joel. Sorry I just can't wrap my brain around a pregnant guy. My brain just says...beer gut. LOL

GoldCoin
05-04-2004, 10:45 AM
He sure looks like delivery room material to me,...Pray tell, why are we viewing a pregnant guy? :p

baquitania
05-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Sorry Joel, gonna have to enforce the nipple rule on you... this guy's bra cup is still the same size, therefore... he's just a drunk! But nice colors dude!

B:Dbby

JCoop
05-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Gloria, glad you like the shirt too! I wanted so badly to keep it white. I was going for the "wife beater" (that's an actual t-shirt name) t-shirt look. Someone suggested that I change it to another color, but I thought that it would loose its original feeling.

Jet, you know... you're right. hmmm... you're absolutely right. Thanks for pointing that out!

Jean, 'all out in front"... I got it! Good advice!

Sherry, you're too funny! :D You're just the kind of person I hope to pursuade. I can see it's not gonna be easy, though!

Gold Coin, yup, he's about to blow! This is for a series I'm working on about Ironic or unlikely situations.

Bobby, you had to go there, didn't ya! :D Actually, I thought long and hard about that one. I thought... lots of overweight men have breasts... so I figured it might have more impact to show that he wasn't over weight... he was pregnant. The lack of breasts is still a question mark in my mind, because I know a pregnant person should probably have breasts. :confused:

Thanks all... I really appreciate your input!

Yako
05-04-2004, 06:02 PM
I would give him a softer expression with a little smile because now he gives me the impression that he's thinking something like ouch! my poor stomach aches! perhaps I should not have drunk that last beer!! (i'm kidding). Also I would change the direction of his gaze towards his tummy. :D :)

Chiers
05-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Well, if he's pregnant he must be thinking "how the heck did I get myself into this". His expression would work then. hee hee

themanda
05-05-2004, 10:55 AM
okay, my thoughts on this. i agree with the whole boobie thing...if he's pregnant he needs some knockers. milk filled chesteses look very different than man breasts, tho, so with some work you could pull it off.

i also agree with the expression. right now he just looks sort of pissed off.

and i'm wondering if a pregnant man would hold his belly the way a pregnant woman would? i'm not saying that a father can't be nuturing the way a mother is, but they do interact differently with their babies, even from the very beginning. wouldn't a pregnant man interact differently with his belly? like maybe scratching it, or poking it or something?

i think it's a great juxtaposition, though. :)

acyaws
05-05-2004, 07:15 PM
In my OWN opinion, I think this is great, and I actually feel it. The only thing I think you should do, again in my own opinion is Invert his Belly button. That will make it look even more realistic or "More pregnant".....lol..KEEP the Wife Beater Shirt! it makes a statement! :clap:

JCoop
05-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Yako, lol! that's funny! "a softer expression"...My intention was for him to be a little pissed off about his predicament... this being a accidental pregnancy and all :D I will definitely consider the gaze toward the stomach.

Sherry, that's exactly what he's thinking... can you imagine?

Manda, you make a compelling case... The "wife beater" t-shirt is so classic though... I'm reluctant to give it up ;) If I gave him breasts, I fear it will just look like I stuck a mans head on a womans body. I'll ponder this point.

acyaws, glad you like the shirt! and your suggestion about the innie/outie thing is a good one!

Thanks everybody for your comments and for taking my poll... I really appreciate it!

Skinny
12-18-2005, 06:01 PM
If you want it to be very clear, give him Arnold Schwarzenegger's face....:D

LadyAlba
12-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Are we suppose to be voting on this again???? :confused:

digistyle
12-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Its been suggested already but I'll second man-breasts and an outie (and maybe an anchor tattoo! LOL)

digistyle

Jin
12-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Joel,

Any pregnant person with that large a belly would have stretch marks! ;)

In spite of this guy being unhappy at having gotten himself into this pickle, his "maternal" instinct would overpower his darker feelings and one of his hands would be placed protectively over his belly or supportively on the side, communicating with the unborn babe... even without Mr. Big Belly intending it.

Pregnant women often have a dazed look as if they're off in some other world. Usually it's a contented daze but as a car crash can leave someone dazed in another way I think this guy's facial expression would be dazed rather than grumpy/sad looking... eyes slightly out of focus, jaw relaxed and mouth slightly open.

What a strange and thought provoking subject! :D

JCoop
12-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Kristen, you have ressurected this post from WC! obscurity. I have since left this image behind because I couldn't reconcile the direction I wanted to go with it, but everyone's excellent new responses make me wonder if I should try to breath life into it once again. I love the new suggestions of the bellybutton, and tattoo... and Jin... what can I say?... intuitively spoken like the true miracles that you and all loving moms alike embody.:angel:

nafa
12-19-2005, 09:34 PM
He's either pregnant or sick. A fat man with a stomach like this should be much fatter elsewhere, though some diseases do blow up the mid-section like this.