PDA

View Full Version : Where's the new Scumble?

Mikki Petersen
05-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Gosh...I live out in the woods, ya know...I need the daily gossip column to get my chatter fix...

I started a painting of the birds from Sue's WDE on SAturday and it is giving me fits! I'm thinking maybe this one would have been better in watercolor. Maybe I'll do it again in watercolor later just to see the difference...hmmm...

We have a beautiful, HOT day going on here on the hill...the last for a while, according to the weatherman. That's all right with me. I prefer nice cool days, rain or shine.

Hope everything is going well for everyone today! Cheers!

CarlyHardy
05-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Don't see any reason this can't be it!!

I'm working on a commission (posted in another thread for comments) for my daughter's best friend's sister who is getting married next Sat. It's a scene from the area where the groom proposed...hope they like it!

Am also recovering from sciatic nerve problem....still have some low grade pain but nothing compared to last week! I find that standing and painting puts a lot of pressure on the lower back, but I don't do well with sitting to paint. Just have to take a lot of breaks during painting.

I have a show opening on Thursday night to attend!! and have to be out-of-town on Friday....so it will be a busy week for me!

Our weather is beautiful today....cloudy and sunny, not too hot! Would be perfect for plein air except I MUST get this commission out of the way first! :)
carly

Mikki Petersen
05-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Whoa, Carly, busy week! Good luck with the show!

I sympathize with the sciatica...if I stand for long, my right hip aches and my leg goes numb but if I sit for long, my feet swell up...so I sort of do this dance around my easel a lot...up...down...walk around...repeat :D

I'm off to find the WIP on your commission...must have missed it.

bogbeast
05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Hi!

Well, live and learn--I had a reply almost completed, left the page, and it disappeared into cyberspace!

I've been lurking a fair amount lately, but haven't worked up the gumption to post. My work has been going up and down: really productive until I flew aburptly out to NC while my 81-year old dad had heart procedures done, then a week of trying to get all of me back in one time zone. Today, I'm trying to finish a couple things for an end-of-semester crafts fair, on the very off chance of rustling up a commission or two, but my CFS is really slowing me down. Bah, humbug! Maybe if I bury myself back in all those pretty pastels, I can enact a proper attitude adjustment, and forget how tired and achy I am at the moment!

Guess I should figure out how to post pictures again--I copied one of the reference photos for Hearts of Glass. It looks pretty much exactly like the photo, which was what I'd tried to do, but the reality is really boring--it looks like a copy of a photo, not art! So, I haven't been very motivated to take a photograph. A landscape I've been experimenting with (a take-off on a poster of the NoDak Badlands) is turning out better. and with luck, the picture of an adorable newborn that I'm trying to finish for tomorrow will turn out. I had to trash the first version of it--funny how one time, I just can't get it looking right at all, no matter what I do, and another time it just falls together with little thought or effort!

back to work!
Libby

Dyin
05-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Libby, you'll get it together. Hope your father is alright. Would love to see at least one of these things you're working on!
Carly, bummer about the back...would a tall director's chair help...it's kind of like standing but your butt gets to rest :D
Mikki...sorry those birds are giving you trouble...I still have an unfinished version of these birds, part acrylic, part op and all nothing I like lol! Hope you'll post the wc in your WDE thread if you do it. I'm put all those threads in my favorites so I can remember all the lovely paintings that came from my pics :)
I just bought a 24x30 gallery wrap canvas...largest I've ever done due to space issues. But it was on sale :rolleyes: I'm going to try an acrylic again, with the nice safety net of knowing I can always treat it as an underpainting for the ops. It's a good way to try and learn another medium and not get stuck with the bad result of no experience lol!

Mary Robinson
05-03-2004, 06:59 PM
They've been predicting rain since yesterday, I'm still eyeing the blue skies and wondering where it is :D . It's lovely though a bit breezy, I've been messing with a new seascape, posted in another thread. I can sympathize bogbeast, I did the new piece three times yesterday and another two today and I'm still not sure if I like it. And I hope your father is alright. Mine would have been 75 on May 11th, he passed away a couple of years ago.

The connection to the web has been giving me fits today, I'm about ready to climb onto the roof and give the Satellite dish an adjustment :evil: , with my foot.

Good Luck on the opening Carly, that commission is beautiful, positively perfect. And hope your back feels better.

Hope you get the pic worked out, Mikki.

Mary

K Taylor-Green
05-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Carly, Hope you get to feeling better, and good luck with the show. This has been a very frustrating day. I agreed to help a friend find a home for a dog that she can't keep because of a move. Of course, he isn't neutered. AND she couldn't bring his kennel because of yesterday's rain. It will arrive next Sat. In the meantime, I have put him in the big kennel with my wolfdog, Raven, and his little mixed breed companion, Paris. So, naturally, Paris decides to start her first heat cycle (she is a little over a year old). I put her in a smaller, ajoining kennel, and told my husband not to let her out, no matter what!! But when we let our two labs out today for a run, we discovered that Whitney, our young female is starting HER first cycle, too!! She is almost a year old. Naturally our male lab, Remy isn't neutered. So back to the big kennel she goes to keep Paris company. Now, I have two very unhappy male dogs, one in each kennel, a female shepherd whose cycle is due sometime this month, and a wolfdog who could care less, because he IS neutered! Any one want a half-lab/ half-coondog?? I didn't think so.

bogbeast
05-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Thank you all for your concern--my dad is feeling much better than he was before they did their poking and prodding, and now has a defibrillator in his pacemaker. Hopefully, he'll be back on the golf course soon.

carly and 1mpete, hope you are both feeling better soon!

and Sue, I accept your challenge: I just uploaded my attempt at Hearts of Glass--my most recent lesson in hubris, I must admit...I guess trying to be a copying machine with pastels is NOT the way to make pretty pictures! :p

And hopefully, my portrait of the TA's newborn will be attached to this post. The kid is just adorable at 4 weeks, even after a couple return trips to the hospital due to extreme jaundice. Newborns are not usually as cute as this guy (he came to class last week!)! I'm afraid my picture doesn't do him justice--I know the shadows and coloration on the face are weak--my selection of colors SEEMS huge, but can you find the right shade when you need it? and I didn't get the reflected colors quite right, but I really didn't want him to look sickly, given the circumstances! I WELCOME comments and criticism--I guess I can move this to another thread if anyone wants to add anything. Isn't that how you do it?

In any case, I'm pooped, and am going to watch the last of that really terribly done earthquake show on the tube (this is where they use nuclear bombs to keep California from forming its own continent, or sinking into the sea, or something lol lol)

bogbeast
05-03-2004, 09:33 PM

CarlyHardy
05-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Checking in again with all of you....thanks for the reminder about the movie. I'm off to watch it too! LOL My daughter told me last night that I sure do fall for these cheesy 'made for TV' movies! LOL

carly

Dyin
05-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Libby, this is definately adorable! You really got the personality of the little cutie! Now I'm running off to the project to check out your other one... :)

Pinecone Conniff
05-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Am also recovering from sciatic nerve problem....still have some low grade pain but nothing compared to last week! I find that standing and painting puts a lot of pressure on the lower back, but I don't do well with sitting to paint. Just have to take a lot of breaks during painting.

Carly--
Take care of that lower back! I had spine surgery on my lower back to relieve sciatic nerve pain several years ago. It was during my recovery that I rediscovered my love for painting. I started sketching my backyard squirrels & the next thing you know I turned a room into a studio! I realized that I needed to make time in my life for painting & how much I missed it.
Thanks to the surgery I am able to enjoy my powerboat, carry my heavy camera bag, work & just plain walk! I had to give up figure skating which was very hard...finding my art again has made up for everything!!
Annette

Mikki Petersen
05-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Annette...isn't art a wonderful gift to heal the soul? Many years ago, I read about a woman who lost both arms and legs (can you believe it?) in an accident. She taught herself to paint holding a brush in her mouth! I read another article somewhere about a woman who was an accomplished artist but lost her arms in an accident. She re-learned to paint with her feet! Really puts our tribulations in perspective, eh?

Libby, you have an adorable beginning on this portrait. What a precious little one! You might consider posting this in the portrait forum for lots of helpful suggestions on how to proceed. I find it helpful to post even work I think is hopeless. Self-critique is tricky business and often there is more good to the piece than I had realized and some simple adjustments can make all the difference when suggested by a fresh, objective person. So...post, post post and learn, learn, learn :D (I'm really in a preaching mood today, I guess)

Kate, you really got me laughing with your dog dilemmas. How many do you have? As for a lab/coondog mix, it could find a home here. We were adopted by the world's ugliest dog...but he has a great temperment (sp) and is a real character. Here's his mug shot:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2004/14550-Roscoe.jpg

Sue, I really enjoyed the WDE you hosted and I will finish and post these darn critters. If I do it again in WC, I'll post that too.

Mary, Do you usually have trouble with the satellite hook-up? Right now, I'm stuck with a 56K modem that downloads about 1.5K per sec (slooooowwww!). Out here there are no options for DSL or cable so satellite is my only choice for speeding up my link. The equipment is SO expensive, I've been hesitant to try it. What's your opinion?

Mary Robinson
05-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Mikki, we rarely have problems with the Satellite connection, it's been based on the weather, once this past winter when the snowflakes were coming down in buckets, we lost the connection. And I wasn't sure it was the connection itself today, I ran a few scans on our network checking for worms, trojans and other assorted viruses. Ran all the cleaners for the most recent worms, though the scans came up clean. And I'll check it to see how it's running tomorrow. The only other time I can remember it being down for more than a few min was after it was first installed and the guy that did it, didn't tighten it down properly, during a bit of wind the direction shifted so it was not pointing toward the southern sky, we had to have the guy back out to fix it. That's about it, 'cept for today. I'm rather geeky, so I imagine I'll figure it out, if it continues ;).

Mary

cjkelly
05-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Mikki, your dog looks like an Australian Blue Heeler, a *real man's* dog here in Oz - generally seen working the cattle/sheep or hanging out in the back of a Holden ute. :D

Busy week here too, though only one day (fingers crossed) at the easel getting ready for a big art show next month. Decided to work on a farm series, but I really need to get to work soon.
The next two days I'll be attending a computer accounting course - updating my skills after being out of the workforce for nearly 7 years. Reality means I may have to start looking for a job soon. Finding child minders for my 4yo has been the biggest drama - not having family nearby, means we really have to rely on friends. But they have lives too.
Hubby is away in the 'big smoke' for the week and it always seems busier in the house when he's gone. Makes me appreciate how much he really does do around here :rolleyes:

Hope your back improves Carly, look after yourself.

Have a good week all...

cj

Khadres
05-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Yep, Mikki, whatcha got there's an Australian Cattle Dog (as they say in the US...blue heeler, in Oz, I guess). Great characters...my youngest has one named Raven (see sig line)...but we fell into the practice early on of calling her Bowling Ball Butt. She's a hoot.

Carly, I definitely sympathize about the sciatica...I had an extreme case of that that lasted four months years ago and I really found out what chronic pain was all about! Couldn't sit, lie down, stand, was reduced to crawling up and down stairs. Please don't let it go on too long without getting some help for it...it's a killer for creativity, believe me!

Well, hubby and I finally invested in a new bed (the last one having finally gotten to the point where springs were poking rib cages and such) and I have just had THE worst night's sleep in years! I KNOW we didn't pick out a slab of marble with a one inch foam pillowtop, but that's what it FEELS like! My neck and shoulder are shouting their indignation as I type. I hope I either get used to this new mattress or can get it switched. I don't sleep well anyway and this ain't helpin'!

I'm desperately hoping to get some artwork done this week with any luck at all. The weather has turned hot and dry following our two-day "spring" weather season. Snow one week, broiler the next -- that's Colorado.

I hope everyone has a happy and productive week! Happy dusting (or OPing, whichever turns yer crank!).

K Taylor-Green
05-04-2004, 01:15 PM
Annette...isn't art a wonderful gift to heal the soul? Many years ago, I read about a woman who lost both arms and legs (can you believe it?) in an accident. She taught herself to paint holding a brush in her mouth! I read another article somewhere about a woman who was an accomplished artist but lost her arms in an accident. She re-learned to paint with her feet! Really puts our tribulations in perspective, eh?

Libby, you have an adorable beginning on this portrait. What a precious little one! You might consider posting this in the portrait forum for lots of helpful suggestions on how to proceed. I find it helpful to post even work I think is hopeless. Self-critique is tricky business and often there is more good to the piece than I had realized and some simple adjustments can make all the difference when suggested by a fresh, objective person. So...post, post post and learn, learn, learn :D (I'm really in a preaching mood today, I guess)

Kate, you really got me laughing with your dog dilemmas. How many do you have? As for a lab/coondog mix, it could find a home here. We were adopted by the world's ugliest dog...but he has a great temperment (sp) and is a real character. Here's his mug shot:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2004/14550-Roscoe.jpg

Sue, I really enjoyed the WDE you hosted and I will finish and post these darn critters. If I do it again in WC, I'll post that too.

Mary, Do you usually have trouble with the satellite hook-up? Right now, I'm stuck with a 56K modem that downloads about 1.5K per sec (slooooowwww!). Out here there are no options for DSL or cable so satellite is my only choice for speeding up my link. The equipment is SO expensive, I've been hesitant to try it. What's your opinion?
Mikki, Six dogs at last count, providing I keep the guys and the girls apart! And your dog has a great face! My sister had a Blue Healer, loved him to death. He died of old age 2 years ago. Right now, Remy is outside, moan howling, because Whitney isn't with him and because the girls smell interesting. I almost wish my shepherd would start her cycle too and get it all over with!! I will be MAD in 3 weeks!!!!

Khadres
05-04-2004, 03:37 PM
I will be MAD in 3 weeks!!!!

I can't imagine going through all that again and again! I'm a firm believer in spay and neuter...none of my three (present count) CAN reproduce even if they'd like to! Kinda sad, too, cause one of the females would've loved babies, I think. Still, the world's already too full of unwanted puppies and I can only take in so many at a time!

Good luck!

bnoonan
05-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Morning or is it afternoon. Just woke up after 12 hours sleep - catching up after the Open Studios this weekend, 3 sets of friends visiting at the same time and allergies.

I'll be back to check in and comment later but I miss everyone and have some tales to tell. Good contacts at the art show and I did sell some pieces. It was a great experience!!!

Barb

Mikki Petersen
05-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Yeah, the vet says he's a Queensland Blue Heeler about 7 yr old. Strangest dog I've ever known...fits right in around here :D . He's also the easiest dog I've ever known.

We started building Hubby's workshop finally. Our first adventure in building a structure. We bought all these illustrated books on how to do it. While I'm reading the instructions, he's bulling ahead with no plan at all. It will be interesting to see how this buillding that John built turns out :rolleyes:. Anyway, I feel so "country" raising our own structure...yeee-haw!

Mary, thanks for the info. Satellite sounds very low maintenance actually. My DSL back in the city was always going down. Anything would be al improvement on this modem. A 1Mb download of a Windows update took over two hours! Felt like I could have driven to Washington and brought it home faster!

Khadres, get ready...another weather bump is heading your way. We had a week of record breaking highs, followed by a cool cloudy spell, followed by more above normal hot which they now say is going to change "dramatically"...Huh? Isn't this dramatic? What's next...hundred year floods?

CJ, I guess a country that spawned the platypus could easily have produced a dog like this :D . Good luck on your show. I'm getting ready to begin a series of scenes around our hill here. The community revolves around a volunteer fire dept that does much more for the community than protect us from fire. Everyone is very possessive of our area and has a lot of pride in it. I was thinking that a series of scenes that everyone knows like our "swinging" bridge, several ponds, even the firehouse could be made into prints to raise money for the Dept. Depending of course on how well they come out... Anyway, I'm looking forward to your farm series.

Kate, are you a breeder or just a big hearted animal lover?

Mikki Petersen
05-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Wooo Hooo! Go Barb! We need details!

cjkelly
05-04-2004, 05:13 PM
CJ, I guess a country that spawned the platypus could easily have produced a dog like this .
Lol...yeah, we're still trying to figure that one out...but seriously, you have a dog of which legends have grown up around here in Oz. Look after him ;) I'm not a dog person myself, preferring just to feed the visiting local wildlife every now and then. Recently found out that the bearded dragons we have wandering around the yard are worth hundreds of dollars in the pet-shops. We get 'em for free :D Just as well too coz they keep getting squashed by the tractors :( My daughter thinks 'Kinka' (a dragon with a kink in it's tail) that was inadvertently hit by Hubby's ute, has just gone off to live down in the gully for a while...... and if Mr Magoo the magpie would just stop chasing away the beautiful big black cockatoos I'd be really happy...

Barb, can't wait to hear your news on your show. Sounds like it was a really good experience for you - please share it!

Sooz: I hope you can sort out your bed woes soon - nothin' worse than a series of sleepless, uncomfortable nights.... :(

Packing my pencil and I'm off to school today.....

cj

K Taylor-Green
05-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah, the vet says he's a Queensland Blue Heeler about 7 yr old. Strangest dog I've ever known...fits right in around here :D . He's also the easiest dog I've ever known.

We started building Hubby's workshop finally. Our first adventure in building a structure. We bought all these illustrated books on how to do it. While I'm reading the instructions, he's bulling ahead with no plan at all. It will be interesting to see how this buillding that John built turns out :rolleyes:. Anyway, I feel so "country" raising our own structure...yeee-haw!

Mary, thanks for the info. Satellite sounds very low maintenance actually. My DSL back in the city was always going down. Anything would be al improvement on this modem. A 1Mb download of a Windows update took over two hours! Felt like I could have driven to Washington and brought it home faster!

Khadres, get ready...another weather bump is heading your way. We had a week of record breaking highs, followed by a cool cloudy spell, followed by more above normal hot which they now say is going to change "dramatically"...Huh? Isn't this dramatic? What's next...hundred year floods?

CJ, I guess a country that spawned the platypus could easily have produced a dog like this :D . Good luck on your show. I'm getting ready to begin a series of scenes around our hill here. The community revolves around a volunteer fire dept that does much more for the community than protect us from fire. Everyone is very possessive of our area and has a lot of pride in it. I was thinking that a series of scenes that everyone knows like our "swinging" bridge, several ponds, even the firehouse could be made into prints to raise money for the Dept. Depending of course on how well they come out... Anyway, I'm looking forward to your farm series.

Kate, are you a breeder or just a big hearted animal lover?
Just crazy, I think. But I sure love my dogs. I have a huge kennel that my husband built for me. He hopes I don't want to fill it up! That's why I don't worry about the spay thing. I call Raven, my neutered wolfdog, the general manager of my birth control center. He likes having a title. Once the "foster" dog is placed, things will go back to "normal"??

Mary Robinson
05-04-2004, 09:11 PM

Haha, if you are driving to Washington to get your updates, let me know, we'll have coffee :D . And the download speeds are pretty good with a Satellite connection, upload speeds slower. The connection problems yesterday were not do to the satellite, was a windows security problem, I fixed it 11 pm last night, then ran 3 virus checks and a worm cleaner. Life in cyberspace.... :rolleyes:

Mary

Mikki Petersen
05-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Haha, if you are driving to Washington to get your updates, let me know, we'll have coffee :D . And the download speeds are pretty good with a Satellite connection, upload speeds slower. The connection problems yesterday were not do to the satellite, was a windows security problem, I fixed it 11 pm last night, then ran 3 virus checks and a worm cleaner. Life in cyberspace.... :rolleyes:

Mary

Actually, my daughter just bought a house in West Seattle and we will be coming up to check out the new digs sometime soon. I'll PM you when I know dates and maybe we could meet somewhere for coffee or lunch and you could tell me all the great art places around there. Definitely going to check out Daniel Smith's!

Deborah Secor
05-04-2004, 10:37 PM
I had a day today. Started with not being able to find my checkbook register. Panic. Search. Look in absurd places. Panic more. Look in all the same places again. Go to grocery store to see if register was found. No. Go to bank and get list of checks cleared--find out there has been a $14.50 charge against my account every month! What? Really panicking now! Take 93 year old mom shopping. Slow. Slower. Slowest. Smile. Keep smiling. Drive home in rush hour traffic and almost run out of gas--little alarm keeps going off on freeway! Better to rush faster or slow down??? Make it with a fume or two--gas is $185.9 per gallon. Pay $21.00 for one little tankful. Get home. Gather stuff to make new check register--find old one in account bag I use for classes! Whew! Call 24-hour customer service at bank to yell about mysterious charges supposedly levied and find out they are charged--and then refunded every month! What? Why? Never mind. Call online banking number to find out user name and password. No ATM card, no PIN number, can't get through. Finally talk to person--get user name, will e-mail new password. Still waiting. Spend time grousing to friends on WC--wonder if anyone bothered to read this whole thing! ;)

<Deborah looks at her watch and taps her toe, waiting for info from Barb!> Can't wait to hear what went on! Sounding good......... <tick, tick, tick>

Oh, all of you have to stop with the dogs or I'm going to be forced to head to the local pound one of these days and rescue a dog! I miss my old guy so much some days... but I guess in a way I'm just not ready for another dog yet. That heeler is quite a character, Mikki. I almost expect him to open his mouth and say something to me!

cj, what on earth is a bearded dragon? I'm thinking lizard, naturally, but have no referent. If they're so common show us a picture! Or do they not pose?And black cockatoos sound so exotic! You do live in an interesting place...

Sooz--I'll take that rock-hard bed off your hands! Mine has been getting softer and softer and as a result my neck has gotten worse and worse. Hubby has had a terrible cold/cough so I've slept on the futon downstairs for almost two weeks now--it's flat as an old pancake and so hard people flinch when they sit down on it--and my neck is better than its been in six months. I won't be moving downstairs, so I'm considering a new mattress myself! either that or I'm moving to the floor for the duration... nah--too many spiders...

Gonna go check e-mail again... See ya................................

Deborah

SweetBabyJ
05-04-2004, 10:53 PM
HEY!! Don't I get invited for coffee and Dan'l Smith's too??? I'll even buy lunch if we can hit that little wok and roll buffet place again....

SweetBabyJ
05-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey- where's Dawn and Preston been? They're lost, methinks- hide nur hair of either of them in awhile now.

Ollie-ollie-in-come-free you Guys!! The back row isn't as much fun without you....

bogbeast
05-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Ohmygoodness, 6 dogs and they're not all fixed? You are a glutton for punishment! :D The only thing I can think of that could be worse would be 6 CATS in heat! We had a kitten once that all but dressed up in red sequins and stilleto heels until we could get her spayed! It was the only time the little demon was remotely sociable, too--we ended up sending her to a farm, as she seemed to be a wild cat by nature...

It was bad enough when my pyrennees/st bernard/pointer something mix went into heat the same week she learned to jump the fence--10 days in Minnesota mud season, taking her out back on a leash.

Barb, were you talking about the Open Studios in Hunter's Point, etc.? I was going to go to those, but went and bought some irises instead. Let me know next time, and I'll figure out how to go somewhere in SF besides Fisherman's Wharf, and come visit!
Libby

cjkelly
05-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Deborah: don't you just hate days like that!! I hope tomorrow is better :)

Mikki/SBJ: I love Seattle - mind you when I was there it was sunny :D I was in Seattle and had a pre-paid ticket to LA and Disneyland, but after spending a few days in LA previously, I opted to stay in Seattle instead. Still have the ticket to Disneyland - wonder if it's still good? :D (only about 13 years old!) So I spent my time soaking up the atmosphere down at Fisherman's Wharf, did the Sky Needle thing, and fell asleep during a Mariners/Red Sox game :rolleyes: That was my very first experience of American baseball too...lol....

Deborah, here's a picture of a bearded dragon - they don't fly or breathe fire, they just hang out lazily on the warm dirt road waiting to become roadkill :(
When it rains they come out and do really weird dances on the lawn, and quite often give me the heebie jeebies when I'm weeding the garden and accidently grab one by the tail :eek: They're completely harmless and probably only grow to about a foot and a half long (I'm guessing).

My first day at computer class went well. When I told the kids I was going back to school today Caitlin (6yo) offered me this advice:

Put my hand up before I speak to the teacher
Don't hang out of the windows
Keep my hands and feet to myself

:D ... (so much to remember!).....

cj

Mary Robinson
05-05-2004, 03:41 AM
HEY!! Don't I get invited for coffee and Dan'l Smith's too??? I'll even buy lunch if we can hit that little wok and roll buffet place again....

Well to be truthful, I wasn't gonna tell you we were going to Daniel Smith's this time, was just going to sort of hijack you. You yelled at me last time I dragged your butt up there, you said I made you spend all that money :evil: .
And all I was trying to do was be nice and helpful :angel: (Everyone step back in case of a lightning strike) .

Looks like it's a party, Mikki, PM me when you know more we'll do it!

Mary

Mikki Petersen
05-05-2004, 03:54 AM

Oh absolutely! What fun it would be to get to meet you both! Daughter called tonight while we were out and then had the nerve to go to work before we could call her back! She is an ER Nurse at Harbor View Hosp. We are trying to coordinate dates now. She wants her Dad to do all these built-in projects for her new house. I plan to spend the time absorbed in artsy-fartsy stuff!

Oh, Dee...your day sounds like a real ordeal. So glad it's over. Tomorrow will be better...the sun will come out and all that. Enjoy slow old Mom while she's around...mothers are too soon gone...

My clue that we needed a new mattress was when I started getting better nights' sleep in motels traveling than in our bed at home! Hubby and I went mattress shooping for weeks before we found just the right one. We made real spectacles of ourselves rolling around on the mattresses to check out all the sore spots, too. It's one of those expensive, unglamorous purchases that can just change your whole outlook on life!

Preston was over at the WDE I think, but I haven't seen Dawn on the threads in a while. DAWN...OH DAWN...

Mikki Petersen
05-05-2004, 04:00 AM
CJ, you are welcome to come for coffee too...there is even room for you to stay in our trailer with us...

My grandson had one of those bearded dragon fellows...disgusting! They had to buy bags of live crickets to feed it and of course the bag would spill and there would be crickets everywhere. Gotta admit it would be interesting to see one dance in the rain though...

I love your daughter's advice about school...hope you kept your hands and feet to yourself today...acountants aren't always the most humorous types.

SweetBabyJ
05-05-2004, 10:15 AM
There's been a Dawn sighting in Jackie's thread- QUICK! Somebody grab her and tie her down 'fore she gets away!! Wait- she'd prolly like that. Oh well, just make sure she's got knickers on, at least.

Hey Mary- heard there was an unusual thunderstorm up your way- no damage I hope? she said innocently....

chewie
05-05-2004, 11:33 AM
haha, keep hands AND feet to myself? wow, hands maybe, but feet will be tough! kids can say the best stuff! (wish i could be so honest sometimes!)

hoping things are better for dee--that makes for looong days. i am very excited about my parents coming to visit. i moved when first child was 3 weeks old (still feeling pangs of guilt too) and now are 700 miles from home. the oldest is turning 9 tomorrow, and i am kinda not making a deal of it--but will have surprise party with grma/grpa on friday! my mother is also into art and horses, so we just have the very best time.

we have a dog that is half heeler, great fella but i think that comes from the border half of him! there are tons of heelers here, but we rather go for the borders, they seem to work better. our newer one is locally known for his efforts! *she says with a big grin!* we have a female catahoula and i said for hubby to make a kennel or she'll get fixed at first heat. we now have fixed dog, one day of that headache (2 intact males) and i hauled her off while he was fixing fence!:evil: but it was me doing all the intervention and i figured i got better things to do!

i still ain't finished the comm. of those guys and geese, shame on me! but the frame won't be here til next week, so why rush, eh? its been perfect weather here, and gosh, my mare looked so lonely, tehee! i'd get so much more art done if i didn't have a computer or horse!

and to sooz--poor you! no sleep would kill me for sure! we had a bad mattress once, it was claimed to be so good for the back. ha! we sold it for dirt less then 3 years later and i got a nice soft one and ahhh, i just love our bed! we too had been sleeping on the futon, those darn things are comfy, ain't they!? good luck to ya, that's tough.

Mary Robinson
05-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey Mary- heard there was an unusual thunderstorm up your way- no damage I hope? she said innocently....

(Hiding the bandaged burn mark on my tush)....."What thunderstorm? I think I must have missed it.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mary

SweetBabyJ
05-05-2004, 01:26 PM
*note to self: Bring burn ointment*

Khadres
05-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I won't be moving downstairs, so I'm considering a new mattress myself! either that or I'm moving to the floor for the duration... nah--too many spiders...
Deborah

Hmmmm, in other words, NM spiders only roam the floors? No sneaky little legs climbing the bedclothes....tiptoeing across the hand in the middle of the night? No weird scuttling through the hair? Our spiders aren't so well-behaved.

Well, you can HAVE this bed! Darned thing cost a fortune and hubby's happy as a clam with it, but I've spent two miserable nights in a row in PAIN with it. My neck and shoulder are in total meltdown mode...can barely turn my head today. I spent the whole night trying out different pillows, finally fell into an exhausted doze for a couple hours. Sad thing is, we got the new bed because of hubby's neck and shoulder problems and it's really HELPING him! Just my luck. Right now, I can't help but remember the old saggy bed with fond sorrow.

I won't even go into the difficulties I'm still having with financial thievery...I think the entire Wells Fargo network knows me by name now. Dee, you can have one of my old check registers, if you want it. Didn't even get to USE the one on the last account hardly before it was passe. I think I wrote one check on it, so there's plenty of space! :D

And your mention of taking your elderly mother shopping brought a nostalgic smile to my face...remembering taking my mum shopping at Target with her new, spiffy scooter. Every time I caught up with her, she was dragging some other sort of merchandise, complete with display rack, in her wake, totally unaware. By the time we got out of there with her $3 purchase, I had run interference and returned at least a dozen items to their respective places. While I was trying to fix the slipper display (she'd caught one of the little wire thingy's on the back of the scooter, don't ask me how) I could hear her progress through the store via little shrieks from children almost run down and crashes and thumps of various store fixtures. Then I lost track of her entirely until I noticed a balloon display slowly moving toward checkout. She had a great time, but it took me a week to recover from THAT trip!

Mikki Petersen
05-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Sooz...that was a great story well told. I could just see this happening with your mother as I read your narrative. :D

I'm off to draw outside today. First time. Wish me luck!

Deborah Secor
05-05-2004, 04:13 PM
<Deborah wipes eyes, recovering from belly laugh> Okay, Sooz, your story may lighten the day of a few homeless women today. I was reading this and rolling on the keyboard, drooling with laughter, so my hubby had to know what was up. I read it to him, in fits and starts between laughing bouts, and he asked me to print that part for him to take to work at the homeless shelter. He said they need a laugh every day and figured they'd relate! So thanks....

Um, floor spiders. I've spent enough time sleeping there to know the little critters seem to favor warm lumps within easy reach to the challenge of bed climbing. One time we took out a heat sink (don't ask--just suffice it to say it was sunk in the ground outside) and about a bazillion or so daddy longlegs swarmed out of there and into my house. I've never seen so many before! Turns out we live smack on the cusp of the eastern and western populations so we had both varieties comingled in interesting tangles in every corner. (I made it a biology lesson for my son who was about 6 or 7 at the time. "Look them up in the bug book." It's a mom thing.) Sleeping on the futon on the floor became an interesting event--little longleggy feet wandering through. I used to be spooked by the darn things but they don't bother me a whit anymore. I got over it from exposure! (And yes, I know they aren't spiders! I read the bug book too.)

Deborah

bnoonan
05-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi there,
Totally enjoyed the stories you folks are coming up with today. It's really a treat but it's sort of embarassing as I'm typing/reading/Laughing out loud while in the library. Just out for a run of errands and dropped in to check messages and a few things.

Yesterday I slept 16 out of 24 hours - think I was a bit overwhelmed with visitors and the art show. Tonight I'll go to class and this afternoon (right after finishing this message) will finish off the mom/daughter commission.

Mikki - let me know when you are going to Seattle and perhaps I can tie in my visit there as well. Best friend lives in W. Seattle.

A few highlights from the Open Studios while I have time....

- Met Karen Utz (whom some of you know from this forum - used to be a guide) finally in person. We've spoken by phone for about a year and never coordinated a visit before this. It was a treat - she is so much fun!!!
- Sold 2 original pastel pieces and 4 small oil paintings
- Sold bunches of note cards
- Sold 3 16 x 20" matted photographs
- Bought an original Nancy MacDonald painting - cool stuff!!!
- Gave away dozens of portrait brochures - the biggest attraction being Pet Portraits
- Demo didn't get done - too busy socializing
- Must have been 85 degrees+ in the studio but we had lots of fans
- Great response on my hand painted canes and walkers that I do (if you don't know about these they will have to come up another time).
- Unframed pastels that were tacked to the wall up high (out of reach) got a great response.

Well that's all I'll report for now. Photos to follow at some point.

Till I get time to get on line again - enjoy the dogs, bank issues, thunderstorms, trip planning, mom's and whatever else you wrote about.

B

SweetBabyJ
05-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Oh boy! Another for lunch!!

Orchidacea
05-05-2004, 09:04 PM
How nice to read a thread like this! I feel like I've just had coffee with a group of good friends. I hope everybody gets their physical and financial and canine-libidinal woes sorted out!

It looks like Spring is finally arriving here on the shores of Lake Ontario. Well, it LOOKS like it, anyhow--doesn't quite feel like it yet. It just makes me feel so happy to drive around and see everything blooming and blooming.

Spring flowers to everyone!

O

Orchidacea
05-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Oooh, look--I posted that post and it tipped me over from "New Member" to just plain "Member"! I'm official now!

Khadres
05-05-2004, 10:00 PM
I actually felt kinda bad after tellin' that tale about poor Mom, bless her heart. But I think you'd laugh even louder if you'd known her...there was NEVER a more prim and ladylike, even regal, old southern belle type woman. She never went ANYWHERE without her hair perfect, shoes to match her outfit, gloves to hide her crippled hands, etc. Seeing her tiny figure trailing half the store behind her while she rode along like the Queen, head held high and perfect posture (as perfect as she was able anyway) was hilarious, but now I remember it, it's kinda sad too. Thank heavens she never even realized the havoc she caused...she'd have died of embarrassment! Nahhh, she'd have been embarrassed for a bit and then she'd have laughed too, those light blue eyes sparkling with her keen sense of humor. Wherever you are, Mom, I miss ya something awful still and Happy Mum's Day!

Mikki Petersen
05-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Oh Sooz...stop it will ya...you're bringing tears to my eyes. Bless you and her too.

Barb, Mary and SBJ, it's looking like somwhere around the 20th or so for Seattle. Barb, I was thinking it would be great if you were up there when we were. How coincidental that your friend and my daughter both live in West Seattle. Is your friend an artist too? It also sounds like you had a great show! So happy you got to meet the phantom Karen...I sure miss her around here.

SweetBabyJ
05-05-2004, 11:01 PM
Oh Sooz...stop it will ya...you're bringing tears to my eyes. Bless you and her too.

Barb, Mary and SBJ, it's looking like somwhere around the 20th or so for Seattle. Barb, I was thinking it would be great if you were up there when we were. How coincidental that your friend and my daughter both live in West Seattle. Is your friend an artist too? It also sounds like you had a great show! So happy you got to meet the phantom Karen...I sure miss her around here.
*whew*!! We getta meet and go to Dan'l's then- HOORAY!! Mary and I have a small show with a local "art" (more crafts, but who cares?) guild on the weekend of the 22/23, so we'd be unavailable then. This'll be great- Dan'l's AND lunch- I love doing lunch....

Dan'l's is just sinful- which I do as often as possible.

Mary? Should they come across the Tacoma Narrows and down, you think? Or ferry over to Bremerton and we meet them up there? Or drive all the way 'round and we'll meet near Shelton?

Khadres
05-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Barb, so glad your show went to well! Hopefully, you can relax a little now for just a little while? And don't forget to tell us about the painted canes and walkers! I bet those things sell like hotcakes!

sundiver
05-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi, scumblers! :)
The last couple of weeks, when I haven't been having computer problems, I've been too busy to do much more than lurk for a few minutes here and there, so it's good to come in here and catch up on the gossip.
Hope all the sore bits are better, and I'm envious of that upcoming lunch on the west coast!
I've never seen a blue dog before (or a purple cow either, but now I'll look a little harder when I pass a farm lol.). Speaking of un-neutered dogs, a local man recently had 69 dogs removed from his property. They were happy and fed, but scruffy and unkempt. Apparently he started out with four and couldn't afford to have them spayed and neutered.......
Barb, your show sounds very successful- great!
Wonderful story, Sooz. You should expand it a touch and send it to Reader's Digest or those Chicken Soup for the Soul people, something like that. I mean it- it's full of warmth and humor and love and character..all the good stuff.
Still no sign of my April Pastel Journal, after I phoned them at the beginning of last week. No June issue, either, for that matter.

K Taylor-Green
05-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi, scumblers! :)
The last couple of weeks, when I haven't been having computer problems, I've been too busy to do much more than lurk for a few minutes here and there, so it's good to come in here and catch up on the gossip.
Hope all the sore bits are better, and I'm envious of that upcoming lunch on the west coast!
I've never seen a blue dog before (or a purple cow either, but now I'll look a little harder when I pass a farm lol.). Speaking of un-neutered dogs, a local man recently had 69 dogs removed from his property. They were happy and fed, but scruffy and unkempt. Apparently he started out with four and couldn't afford to have them spayed and neutered.......
Barb, your show sounds very successful- great!
Wonderful story, Sooz. You should expand it a touch and send it to Reader's Digest or those Chicken Soup for the Soul people, something like that. I mean it- it's full of warmth and humor and love and character..all the good stuff.
Still no sign of my April Pastel Journal, after I phoned them at the beginning of last week. No June issue, either, for that matter.
Wendy, That part about the dogs is scary, real scary! :eek: Thank goodness I have a heavy duty kennel with heavy duty doors! My husband intends to breed labs when Whitney is old enough. He trains gun dogs for waterfowl and bird hunting. So spaying is out. So is neutering, as our male is going to father these future pups!! anyway, baying, unhappy males aside, our kennel works really well. Even so, I'll probably have nightmares about all those dogs!!!

Mikki Petersen
05-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Geesh! 69 dogs! Can you imagine the din of 69 barking dogs???

Wendy good to see you here! We, too, wish you could be at our lunch...wouldn't that be great?

Well, I finally finished that stupid bird painting...never again, boy! :mad: Definitely one of my worst in a long time. I need to move on to something else. Went plein aire sketching yesterday...only around our property...but outside...trial run went pretty well. We are leaving tomorrow to spend the weekend in Monterey with some of our Grandkids. Probably won't be time for any painting or sketching until I get back on Monday but I will have the trusty ol' digicam along. Happy painting, everyone!

Mary Robinson
05-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by 1mpete

Originally Posted by SweetBabyJ
*whew*!! We getta meet and go to Dan'l's then- HOORAY!! Mary and I have a small show with a local "art" (more crafts, but who cares?) guild on the weekend of the 22/23, so we'd be unavailable then. This'll be great- Dan'l's AND lunch- I love doing lunch....

Dan'l's is just sinful- which I do as often as possible.

Mary? Should they come across the Tacoma Narrows and down, you think? Or ferry over to Bremerton and we meet them up there? Or drive all the way 'round and we'll meet near Shelton?

I did mention that I get lost going around the corner, didn't I? I'm probably not the best person to ask which way they should go, they might end up in Mexico or Costa Rica following my directions :D

I do need, absolutely NEED :angel: some stuff at Dan'l's though ;)
I'm ready, my coffee cup is full...Want to leave now and get a head start on them?

I wanted to share this too, I found it in my garden today :) .

Mary

meowmeow
05-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Looks like you all have been having a pretty good (except for Carly's back) week...and lots of good doggie stories!
Seems like it just has been busy around here lately...not sure what the heck I have been doing though! Time just keeps flying by!
I am having a little bridal shower for my daughter here in a couple of weeks. It's not her really shower which a friend will be doing this summer, but one for my elderly mother and relatives since the shower will be in Maine and they won't be able to go...I know they like to have some cheery things to attend, rather than the funerals and crap they keep having. This will be real simple but I suddenly realized I better get my act together and have been running around buying paper goods and junk.
Haven't done much painting recently, although I did do a couple out doors when we were in Maine last weekend. Nothing worth posting but it felt good to be out there working.
I keep taking pictures of Casey, our new little cairn terrier, but he is so busy running around it is hard to get a good shot...I'd love to get a nice photo so I can paint him. One of these days I'll get one worth doing.
So now that the week is almost over...I'll wish you all a good rest of the week!

Sandy

Mikki Petersen
05-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Mary...I vote for the Ferry...I love those ferry rides! And I'm getting so excited now about a trip I was only vaguely interested in earlier.

Sandy, what a nice thig to do for the older ladies in the family! Getting older myself (not quite that old), I find I really appreciate someone going out of their way to include us. One of the things I'm finding about being older is that we sort of become invisible to the 30 and under crowd. young waitresses and sales people tend to not "see" us, while the 30 and 40 smoethings tend to overdo it. Wierd getting older...I still feel like me, I just look different.

meowmeow
05-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Wierd getting older...I still feel like me, I just look different.

That is so true, Micki! I think it was a real epiphany for me when one day I thought about that and realized it was also true for my parents...and any person, including someone who is 90! It helps to remember that!

s.

Deborah Secor
05-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Oh, then you should meet my almost-93 year old mom! We were having a discussion the other day about how I wake up so much earlier than I used to. When I said that I thought it was a function of aging, she said, "I guess I never got that old." She said that! To her own daughter! She sleeps in and then bitterly complains about the "old ladies" with "old lady attitudes" who live in her apartment complex. (No one is older than she is....) She would plop right down in the back row, trust me!

She still lives alone, with no assistance, and she still has a little glass or two of wine every evening. The other LOLs (that's Little Old Ladies, in this case) tittered when she mentioned wine, but a few of them have broken down and joined her. I figure they'll all live longer.

Her birthday is May 18 and I'm desperately trying to figure out where to take her. She's coming with us to my son's graduation on the 15th and they're having a dance--she wants to go. Says she hasn't been to a dance in, oh, about 60 or 70 years. Happily the families are invited too. That may have to be her birthday... whaddaya think, a cake and a band? I suspect she'd like it.

Okay, rambled on enough... I see you yawning over there!
Deborah

K Taylor-Green
05-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Oh, Dee, That would be great!! If I live to be that age, I would love it if my girls saw to it that I had music and dancing, even if I couldn't dance any more. Dance is my second love, after art. Hubby and I even took 10 monthes of ballroom, after the show, Burn the Floor, made it's first tour. And the following year, when it made it's smaller tour, we got to see it live in Columbus! That was 2002, I think. Anyway, music, dance, and a bottle of her favorite vino, should thrill your Mom.

SweetBabyJ
05-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Mikki- I'll look up ferry details and figure out a map thingie for us to all meet up- trust me, you don't want Mary doing it or you'll end up somewhere near Yelm (don't ask) which is harder to get out of than into. I'm VERY good with maps and directions- Mary didn't get lost once coming to my house first time (second time she forgot her map and overshot a bit, but figured it out). PM me with a good date and I'll check out ferry schedules and all.

Khadres
05-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Dee, your Mom would LOVE the dance! Specially, if the grandson would maybe give her a short waltz? Well, maybe not, but she'd still have a great time! I do think we often close our older friends and family out of things, thinking they're either unable or disinterested, but that's not generally so! Most older folks I know have lively minds and varied interests; it's just that sometimes the people around them ignore them long enough that they forget they WERE interested in things....THAT'S the beginning of becoming really truly old, I think. And tell her I'm with HER! Folks who get up with the chickens should be BANNED! :D

SweetBabyJ
05-07-2004, 01:43 AM
Too true, Sooz- we tend to think age means unable or uninterested. I've taken elders with Alzheimer's fishing, to movie theatres, shopping and out for DQ on a hot day just for fun. I devised "picnics" in the courtyard and brought the 'TuckeyFried chicken in individual boxes so everyone had their very own. I've sat with a group of women and peeled potatoes for soup, folded baby clothes and gossiped about what was in Dear Abbey that day. I've gone with men to military museums and cemetaries, watched football and baseball and yelled and cussed, and played poker while chewing on cigars. We ALWAYS had a blast- I saw to it- that's my job.

As for dancing, I'll have you know I was "dipped" by an 82-year old man in a wheelchair once- he knew EXACTLY what he was doing- thankfully, 'cause I couldn't have gotten out of that position if he hadn't!!

Mikki Petersen
05-07-2004, 04:55 AM
All of my grandparents lived into their late 80's and my maternal grandfather lived to the ripe old age of 99. On his last day, he finished re-roofing his house, went out to dinner to celebrate, came home, went to bed and died in his sleep. Job finished. My grandparents were all approaching 70 when I was born (first grandchild on both sides) and I spent summers with them until I was 10 and we moved overseas. It never occurred to me that old people might be different than younger folks except they had better advice and stories to tell.

SBJ, for a number of years, I ran discussion groups in nursing homes. It is so frightening how many people get warehoused and forgotten...people who have had amazing life experiences and nobody to share them with. Good for you doing such nice things for Alzheimers patients. My first mother-in-law had Alzheimer's and, even though she lectured her son to marry me (she was at our wedding) until the day she died, I always found her charming. They become like little kids again.

Dee, I love that your Mom wants to go to your son's dance and I hope he does have the courage to dance with her. It would be good for her and good for the kids at the dance. By the way, her birthday is only a few days after mine...she has to be very special indeed!

Sandy, when you live and work around old people you find out fast that they have to keep reminding themselves that they are old on the outside.

Speaking of old and getting up early...I don't usually get up with the chickens...but tomorrow is off to the Grandkids so I better drag the old body off to bed. Have a great weekend everyone!

meowmeow
05-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Funny, I came down this morning to an email from a friend, complaining how she was typing it at 5am! And there I was reading it at 6am!
But yes, it is sad but true about elders. Interestingly I find my elderly parents as guilty as the rest of us in their attitude about elderly people. He in particular complains about the "old dull people" at the assisted living where they are.
I think in his case it is just a symptom of his general dissatisfaction with getting old. He is in total denial that it is happening to them. It is a hard time of life. Although he is relatively active, all around them their friends and relatives are sick and dying. And as good as he is doing neither of my parents feels great. My mother is older and has slowed way down....he complains about her when in fact he is just angry with life. It's too bad. In the scheme of things they are really quite fortunate. But...I try not to say that too him...too often! I know it's tough.
He actually published his first novel last year!!! It is pretty exciting, but mostly he complains about the publishing business and how he should have done it earlier in life.
Ah...that half empty glass. I try to keep a sense of humor about it all.
Anyhow...the treadmill awaits...blech....

sundiver
05-07-2004, 08:50 AM
I read somewhere that after the age of 50, men's (not women's) brain cells start to die off, and the first ones to go are the ones responsible for the sense of humor! That didn't apply to my grandfather, but my dad was certainly crotchety and critical for the last 10 years of his life, whereas my mom clearly enjoyed the relaxed pace of her retirement
Oh well, we're all going in the same direction on the moving sidewalk of life- we just get on and off at different times! Most of the time, on the inside, I feel like a mature and responsible 12-year-old. It's the annoying outside bits that don't co-operate, like having to wear bifocals :mad: .

Speaking of :mad: , I'm pretty ticked at the Pastel Journal. I phoned (international call) on April 26 to complain about the April issue, and they said it would be in the mail the next morning. I can phone again if it hasn't arrived by Monday, but at what point will long-distance phone calls exceed the subscription money? They are hard to find in stores here. I saw the June issue in a store - first time in this city- and was tempted to buy it, even though I've already paid for one. Just venting..thanks for listening.

SweetBabyJ
05-07-2004, 08:25 PM
The lilacs are in bloom around me- I brought a big bunch in all wet with raindrops and oh! As they've warmed in here the scent is just heavenly!!

It's nearly a sinful scent.

Mo.
05-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Hi folks, too many posts to catch up on and answer, just know I wish you all well.
I've been so busy with an oil painting commission which is just not behaving as I'd like it, what's more the client would like to see the WIP's, :D
well I'm at stage three and you would think it was stage one, I'd forgotten how long oils take to dry between layers, give me my pastels anyday, although I love oil paint, the wait for drying is so frustrating.

Tomorrow is our local folk festival, a happy colourful event, with national and international dancers and performers, wonderful lively music and an electric atmosphere, I shall make my way to the Brewhouse ( the pub in the park) courtyard area, where the musicians gather and play impromptu music, I will take a pencil and a sketch book, plus cam, do this every year, but fail to do anything as I become so absorbed with music and atmosphere, and after a couple of bevvies become incapable of doing anything but listen to the music and tap my feet, but this year who knows ;) Hope to catch the fellow playing his didgeridoo. :D
Julie, my neighbours lilac tree is in full bloom and the scent is so intoxicating, I once had a young lilac tree, newly planted just inches high, then hubby when cutting the grass mowed it down, thought it was a weed. :eek:

Mo.