PDA

View Full Version : Nonobjective Painting

surreal
05-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi Guys,
Here is a painting I completed 15 minutes ago, in acrylic on canvas, 6" x 6."
I want to work on more nonobjective pieces in future.
There are some elements about this piece that I like and some that I dislike. I hope to improve in future. ;)

All of your comments both pos and/or neg are welcomed.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2004/4650-copyNonObjective6x6.jpg

Lady Carol
05-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Nina, what is it that you don't like about it?

I don't see anything that is glaringly bad. In fact I have looked at it a couple of times and I am rather intrigued by it.

Paul-sn
05-03-2004, 05:23 PM
I like it... and I'm also curious to hear what it is that you don't like about your painting.
In the past, I've never been a big fan of abstract paintings, but I'm beginning to like them more and more. Especially as decorative or design elements - they can bring out a lot in a room, for instance.

It's very cool! Keep it up!

Paul

Ursus17
05-03-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm curious to know what you don't like too! I think this is neat. The colors are soothing and the swirl is fun to look at. Thanks for sharing - nice job!

ExpressiveAngie
05-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Its almost hypnotic...I love it. :clap:

odge
05-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Nina, I think this is lovely, but I wonder how it would look if you softened some of the hard lines like you have with the central white going into the pink.

Jo

surreal
05-04-2004, 02:33 AM
Hi Carol, Paul, Ursus, Angie and Jo,

Thanks so much for your feedback, which I appreciate alot!!!
:)

I spent alot of time on this painting already, changing the composition many times; I have lost patience with it, at this point. ;)

My critique of it is that it doesn't have as much depth as I would like it to have; the lines are not varied enough in the thickness and thiness of them; and their isn't enough variation in shapes.

I hope to improve in my next nonobjective piece.

artistodon
05-04-2004, 02:41 AM
I really like it alot. I just have one question. Does anyone see a Picaso like smiley face or is it just me too wired on coffee? lol
Don :)

Luka
05-04-2004, 04:15 AM
I really like it alot. I just have one question. Does anyone see a Picaso like smiley face or is it just me too wired on coffee? lol

I see portal, antechamber and conception.

Hey, it's late. I just responded to another thread that left me with a certain mindset. I'm tired, and slow to change gears.

So sue me.

;)

chal
05-04-2004, 10:58 AM
I, too, thought of conception right off the bat. I see a child in the womb. Gives a very comforting feeling, in my opinion :)

chal

surreal
05-04-2004, 12:15 PM
LOL
:D

surreal
05-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi Luka and chal,
Thanks so much for looking and comenting!

Faded
05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
The phrase "swirling questions" comes to mind. :) Great piece Nina, I really like it
-Faded

surreal
05-05-2004, 02:38 AM
The phrase "swirling questions" comes to mind. :) Great piece Nina, I really like it
-Faded
Thanks very much, Faded!

katz
05-08-2004, 04:02 PM
I like the swirls of colors. Nice for a small piece, would make me dizzy if large.
lol
Gay

surreal
05-09-2004, 01:34 AM
I like the swirls of colors. Nice for a small piece, would make me dizzy if large.
lol
Gay
LOL
Thanks for commenting, Gay!

Bertoni
05-09-2004, 07:26 AM
Nina: I like the way the swirling leads the eye directly to the center to then contemplate the entire ptg! :)

surreal
05-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Nina: I like the way the swirling leads the eye directly to the center to then contemplate the entire ptg! :)
Thanks very much, Bertoni!

Margie L
05-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Nina--I can certainly see your style in this one. I do like the swirl too. I saw a flower seed hiding in the depth of the petals. Birth again--Keep going on this theme you will be able to add the changes you want in the next one. An nice move to another step in your creative life.

surreal
05-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Nina--I can certainly see your style in this one. I do like the swirl too. I saw a flower seed hiding in the depth of the petals. Birth again--Keep going on this theme you will be able to add the changes you want in the next one. An nice move to another step in your creative life.

Hi Margie,
I am delighted that you see what you do when you look at this painting.
Thanks for commenting!
:D