PDA

View Full Version : The Weekly Canvas 5/3 - 5/9

surreal
05-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi All,
Here's hoping everyone has an artistically productive week!
:)

blumoon
05-03-2004, 03:22 PM
I am working on it. Right now I am trying to finish a white lotus, acrylic on canvas 20X24. If I could only figure out how to install this crazy scanner I might be able to show you. I have had one computer issue after another, as we all know one thing leads to another . . . hopefully I can stop obsessing about it, and concentrate on my painting. I have been lurking around this forum for sometime, but without the tools to post my work I have kept a low profile. :D

surreal
05-04-2004, 12:18 PM
I am working on it. Right now I am trying to finish a white lotus, acrylic on canvas 20X24. If I could only figure out how to install this crazy scanner I might be able to show you. I have had one computer issue after another, as we all know one thing leads to another . . . hopefully I can stop obsessing about it, and concentrate on my painting. I have been lurking around this forum for sometime, but without the tools to post my work I have kept a low profile. :D
I am so sorry to hear about your scanner and computer issues!
How frustrating for you!

raisdbywolvz
05-08-2004, 01:24 AM
I had an art lesson on Monday and have done my homework all week. Half of my goal is learning to draw well, and the other half is learning how to paint. Had a nasty fight with my acrylics and I'm sorry to say they won... lower layers just lifted right off the canvas on a blending technique I tried. Ah, but I read in a post just a few minutes ago that that's a problem with Liquitex, which is what these are. I got them in a starter set before I knew any better. Just trying to use them up and get on to the Goldens. Practice and perseverence, that's what I'm all about right now! :p Plus I went to the library today and checked out a few books on acrylic technique. I will figure this out! I will!

ExpressiveAngie
05-08-2004, 09:21 AM
raisdbywolvz, I love your strong will!
I havent painted since the mermaid and not convinced I will start anything today :(
Happy weekend all!

surreal
05-08-2004, 04:02 PM
.........................................................................Half of my goal is learning to draw well, and the other half is learning how to paint......

This is terrific to hear.
Drawing well is key to painting well, imo.
:)

..............Practice and perseverence, that's what I'm all about right now! :p Plus I went to the library today and checked out a few books on acrylic technique. I will figure this out! I will!

Yes, yes, yes!!!!
You've got a great attitude!
:clap:

katz
05-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Hi All.
I finally finished a painting that I have been working on for over 2 months.
I feel that I achieved the look that I was striving for -finally!
It is a gallery canvas 30" x 40" -so very large, I still have to paint the sides of it. It was a frustrating and long process, I am happy to be finished. But, it was a learning experience.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Gay