PDA

View Full Version : Focal point painting

Cronious
05-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Yep it was another excersie to create a focal point with in a painting.

Again I was trying to work with brush strokes.

Thanks for looking

themanda
05-03-2004, 06:02 PM
i like the values of the blue you used in this. you're certainly showing a lot of improvement!

flowerfancy58
05-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Your pitcher looks great:) and so do your strokes..... Think you should adding some shadowing under the flowers to ground them?

gloria:)

JCoop
05-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Crone, what a beautiful display of artistry! Love the pitcher and your use of purples... nicely done!

Also... you don't think you're gettin' off the hook that easy... do ya? Do explain for our benefit, your approach to the focal point in this piece. ;)

Lovely brush strokes!

Cronious
05-04-2004, 07:01 AM
Thanks, Thermanda, Gloria and Joel.

This was a 3 stage painting.

>Stage 1 was to get down all the shadows and bright spots.
>Stage 2 was to increase the cavas size and start putting in more tones with a smaller brush
>Stage 3 Was to increase the canvas again and put in your focal point and places of detail to support the detail area.

As Gloria pointed out I think I could have done with more grounding shadows ubnder the flowers, I also think I could have painted in more tonal texture in the foreground to give more support to the whole base of the image. For my next image I will have to take a closer look at getting the background right.

Thanks for the encouragement with the brush strokes, I am really pleased with the pitcher.

Thanks again

Crone

I have included the three stages here..........

fugitive
05-04-2004, 04:25 PM
It's ok, but I honestly like the middle one best, as you got too bright with the highlites on the pitcher. Take another look, and then, another. :cool: